Terms and Conditions
In applying for membership in VCOA, I/we agree to the following policy and behavior as a member in good standing:
- Will promote a positive experience and participate in a productive manner
- Will refrain from any behavior, comments, postings that degrade others, the Club, or the Volvo brand
- Will not be profane, obscene, or otherwise be disruptive or derogatory in my actions as a VCOA member
- Accept that if it is determined that I have violated club policy, the Board of Directors may revoke my membership by majority vote and notice to me in writing
In applying for membership in the VCOA, which permits access and use of the VCOA website, I/we unconditionally agree to the following terms and conditions as a member in good standing:
- The use of the VCOA website constitutes your unconditional agreement to follow and be bound by these terms and conditions of use. If you do not agree to them, do not use the website, provide any materials to the website or download any materials from it.
- The VCOA reserves the right to update and modify these terms and conditions at anytime without prior notice. Your use of the VCOA website, following any such change constitutes your unconditional agreement to follow and be bound by these additional terms and conditions as changed. For this reason, the VCOA encourages you to review these terms and conditions of use when ever you use the VCOA website.
- You are strictly prohibited from communicating on or through the VCOA website any unlawful, harmful, offensive, threatening, abusive, libelous, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, fraudulent, sexually explicit, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any sort, including, but not limited to, any material that encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any applicable local, state, national or international law.
- You are expressly prohibited from compiling and using other VCOA members’ personal information, including addresses, telephone numbers, fax numbers, email addresses, or other contact information that may appear on the website, for the purpose of creating or compiling marketing and/or mailing lists and from sending other VCOA members unsolicited marketing materials, whether by facsimile, email or other technological means.
- You are expressly prohibited from spamming (repeatedly posting the same link on multiple boards or trying to get VCOA members to go to another site to purchase goods and services; and trolling (going onto the VCOA website for the sole purpose of starting trouble or instigating an argument).
- You will promote a positive club experience and participate in VCOA activities and functions in a productive manner.
- You will refrain from any behavior, comments, and postings that degrade others, VCOA members, the VCOA, or the Volvo brand.
- You will not be profane, obscene, or otherwise be disruptive or derogatory in your actions as a VCOA member.
- If it is determined that you have violated the terms and conditions by the Board of Directors of the VCOA, you will unconditionally accept the Board’s decision to revoke your membership by a majority vote, after which you will receive written notice of this decision.