Midsommar 2016 - June 17-19, Overland Park, KS.
Midsommar 2016 promises to be another great event that is hosted by the Heart of America Chapter in Kansas City.
This year’s event will include a tour of the General Motors Fairfax assembly plant, a people’s choice car show, road rally and a awards presentation and dinner at the Boulevard Brewery (the largest specialty brewer in the Midwest).
Your registration also includes lunch the day of the car show, t-shirt, goodie bag and other items. The car show will be held in near one of the area’s best shopping districts for those who want to get out and explore. Accommodations have been made at the Crowne Plaza Overland Park Hotel for attendees at a special VCOA rate that include breakfast.
The most current meet information may be found at KC-VCOA.org.
- When registering, a valid email address has to be used. Disposable email addresses are not permitted. If found, we will remove the account in question.
- Do not astroturf or pretend to be/represent somebody else. Your account will be deleted if found to be in breach of this rule.
- Check that your question has not been answered anywhere else on the site. Use the search feature.
- Post your comment/question to the most appropriate place. Any posts deemed to be in the wrong forum will be moved. Do not cross-post the same question to multiple places.
- Make sure you have read the parent article/post completely before posting a reply
- Thank those who help you. Acknowledgment of a helpful suggestion not only placates those who helped you, it may also help others with a similar problem. All those who have been helped on this forum are invited to help other users by responding to their questions when they know the answer and /or to consider donating to the project.
- Do not link to any site that contains adult content, sexually oriented material or might otherwise be considered offensive. Any post containing an inappropriate link will be deleted and the poster will receive a warning.
- No affiliate links to be posted, anywhere on our forum.
- Must be setup in your Profile (user Control Panel) , and not manually added to your messages.
- May NOT contain any images.
- May not contain any pricing, sales, product etc. details.
- May contain a maximum of two smilies.
- May include two clickable links. URL's or mailto: - No duplicate links
- Only exact URLs allowed ie not LOOK HERE - No tiny url, affiliate links etc either, only exact, literal URLs
- May include two colors. Hyperlink color is set by the system and is not counted as a color.
- Maximum font size cannot be larger than normal.
- Must be kept to a maximum of four lines (at 1024 resolution).
- May not contain links to other threads or posts for the purpose of self promotion
- Any signature or avatar that is offensive or insulting to either us, our members, or our staff, are prohibited and will be removed.
- We reserve the right to ask you to change and/or remove your signature or avatar at any time, for any reason.
At all times:
- Keep all commentary civil, and be courteous at all times. Constructive criticism is welcome, but insults directed towards other users or the site admins will not be tolerated. Coarse/insulting language will not be tolerated.
- No commercial advertising is permitted.
- When recommending a product to help a user solve their issue, you must disclose any affiliations you may have with the company or group that manufacturers or supplies that particular product. This includes, but is not limited to: any paid or non-paid relationships past or present, receiving any promotional products or services, or any other similar information.
- Any posts deemed to be self promotion, advertising, or spam can and will be removed. NO SPAM - NO ADVERTISING eg. Posting and making excessive, inappropriate and unnecessary references to your products and websites is self promotion.
- If you feel a post violates any of these rules, or you need to bring it to the attention of a moderator (move threads/close/split), please use the ‘report this post’ link to notify the moderators.
Failure to abide by these rules may result in an editing, negative moderation or deletion of your post. We reserve the right to ban abusers from the site. We reserve the right to change these rules at any time.
When you get done reading this you will be able to reply to existing posts as well as make new posts. You will know how to format your text, make links, add images and videos and much more. We're not going to teach you how to use every little button, gizmo or forum feature but rather provide you sufficient working knowledge to feel comfortable enough to get involved here in the forum. After that, you can do a little sleuthing around to learn what the rest of the goodies do.
Summary - All your settings from other tabs summarized.
Edit Your Details - Edit your login name, email address and password.
My Avatar - Select an avatar from those available or upload your own image. If you upload your own image, you can upload an image up to 250 x 250 pixels and 50 kilobytes. The forum will automatically scale the image for use in various locations.
Look and Layout - Tweak a few forum appearance settings.
My Profile Info - Fill in personal information that you don't mind sharing publicly. This is also where you fill out your forum signature.
My Posts - List of your posts ordered by most recent. Handy for finding a post that you don't recall which board you posted it in.
My Subscribes - List of topics that you have subscribed to send you an email notification for all new responses.
My Favorites - List of topics that you have ticked as a favorite of yours so they are more easily identifiable in the forum list.
Remember to press the 'Save' button any time you make changes in your profile.
Quick Reply - this brings up a small text area (without reloading the web page) where you can quickly type a short reply. Press 'Submit' when you are done typing your response. If you have a change of heart you can press cancel and nothing gets posted regardless if you typed anything or not.
Reply - This is the standard method in which you should reply when you want to reply primarily to the most recent post. The reason for this is because the subject line of your reply will auto fill with the subject of the post from which you are replying. In case you were wondering, yes, you can change the subject. OK, now you are looking at what is called a text editor. Think of it as a slimmed down version of a word processor (such as Microsoft Word) in which you can format your text, add links, images, smilies, etc. More on how to format your post later. For now, type your response and press the 'Preview' button at the bottom of the page if you wish to view your post prior to submitting it. When you are done editing and are satisfied your post is ready to contribute to the forum then press the 'Submit' button.
Quote - If you wish to quote someone's post whether in whole or in part you simple press the 'Quote' button located beside the 'Reply' button underneath each post. The is very useful if you wish to make light of or expound upon a prior post. Once you press the Quote button you are brought into the same editing environment that you use to edit or create any other post. At this point, you type your response directly to that quote. When you are done replying, press the 'Submit' button.
[ul] [/ul] = unordered list [ol] [/ol] = ordered list
[li] [/li] = each list item.
[li] 1st place[/li]
[li] 2nd place[/li]
[li] 3rd place[/li]
[video type=youtube] insert_unique_identifier_here [/video]
[video type=youtube] bqJE5TH5jhc [/video]
Form a VCOA Chapter
The Chapter is the basic unit of our club and serves as the focus for all club activities at the local level. VCOA Chapters currently exist in many geographic areas of the US & Canada. If a chapter does not exist in your area, or you wish to form a new one, there are only a few basic requirements.
Download our Chapter Charter Application & Charter Member List documents. This is a copy of the charter that will be issued by VCOA National Headquarters. Please read the conditions and terms of the charter; your signed application is your agreement to adhere to the terms of the charter.
In order to apply, you must have a minimum of 12 VCOA members; however, you may have additional VCOA members sign the charter thereby becoming “Charter Members” of your chapter.
Be sure that you fill in all of the information asked for on the application. Print or type all information except for the signatures of the charter members. In order to complete the application you will need:
- At least 12 VCOA members in good standing. These members should live in a reasonable geographic area that will make participation in chapter activities relatively easy. Each member must sign the charter application in the space provided next to the printed information. If you are recruiting new members who will be signing the charter application, you should collect their application and membership fee (check to VCOA or Master/VISA Card info) and include these with the charter application.
- Name and address for your chapter. The name should reflect the location or some attribute of the chapter you wish to form, for example - “Greater Boston/Merrimack Valley Chapter,” “Lone Star Chapter,” and “Puget Sound Chapter”. The address should be one that will be relatively permanent and that won’t change every time officers or membership changes. Describe the geographic area that you wish to be included in your chapter. This information will be used to direct new club members to your chapter as they join VCOA. If possible, please specify this geographic area using ZIP code numbers so that our computer can automatically determine the appropriate chapters for the new members. Postal ZIP code maps are available in the ZIP Code Directory of your local post office.
- A President and a Secretary. These will be the first two names on the charter application. You may select other officers as you think necessary; however, only the initial president and secretary will be indicated on the charter.
When you have all the required information, carefully fill in the application. If you are sending new member applications with the charter application for some of the members who are signing the charter, leave the member number blank and we will fill in the appropriate information when we process the membership applications. If you want to keep a copy of the application, make one for yourself now as the original will be retained by VCOA National Headquarters. Mail the completed application to the club headquarters address PO Box 16 Afton, NY 13730. An approved charter will be sent to the chapter address on the application.
Our former president, Lee Cordner wrote a great article a while back for Rolling talking about chapter building ideas. You can view & download a copy of that as well.
If you decide to form a chapter in your area, please contact Ryan Ottochian, Chapter Coordinator to obtain a current list of members in your area for your use.
If you have any questions or need help with any part of the application please do not hesitate to e-mail: