Volvo Club of America and Volvo Cars are both headed to South Carolina this fall in a big way – You Can Too!
VCOA members will converge for the annual national meet on Hilton Head Island this year held in conjunction with the 14th annual Hilton Head Motoring Festival. Club members will have their cars on display alongside the Festival’s Car Club Showcase on Saturday with selected cars flanking the Volvo Cars manufacturer’s exhibit. Not only will the club have a big presence at the main event, Volvo Cars will be a major corporate Festival sponsor as well.
The club host hotel, Sonesta Resort is within minutes of the Festival’s activities at the Port Royal Golf Resort. The Sonesta will the location for morning and evening club activities, while the daytime Festival functions will be at the Port Royal and nearby airport.
Coupled with the recent announcement of the Volvo assembly plant to be built northwest of Charleston – this is truly the year for Volvo and South Carolina to shine and you’ll be there for the ‘glow’.
Make plans now to attent the 2015 VCOA National Event at Hilton Head Island Motoring Festival and participate in the Car Club Showcase and Concours d'Elegance. The event will be held on the weekend of October 30 through November 1, 2015. You are encouraged to make your lodging reservations now at the Sonesta Resort using the VCOA discounted rate group code.
VCOA Host Hotel: Sonesta Resort
- Reservations Now Open: Rate discounted from $179 to $119+ Tx (up to 5 nights)
- Call 843-842-2400 or book online at sonesta.com/hiltonheadisland/
- Use /Mention Group code: 2015VCOAHH
Motoring Festival: hhiconcours.com/events/hilton-head-island.html
At Port Royal Golf Resort
- Car Club Showcase; Aero Expo
- Concours d’Elegance
- Manufacturer, Vendor Exhibits, Test Drives and more – both days
- Volvo Cars North America will be among the major manufacturer sponsors
VCOA Members Meet Package: includes*
T Shirt, Goodie Bag, Awards, Prizes, Fun and Folks
- Welcome Reception and Program at Sonesta
- Exclusive VCOA car show fairway at the Motoring Festival
- Entrance Pass to all Festival events including the Aero Expo
- Chance to display car in Festival ‘Showcase’ display and competition**
- VCOA judging for People's Choice class awards
- Test Drives of 2016 XC90 T8 Plug in Hybrid and other makes
- Awards Banquet, Special Guests, Program, Prizes
- Keynote Speaker: Lex Kerssemakers, CEO and President Volvo Americas (Highest Level Volvo Car Corp Executive ever to speak at a US club meet!)
- Event TBA
- Entrance Pass to Festival Concours d’Elegance
- Vehicle Registration for Concours (optional – on your own, go to http://www.hhiconcours.com/events/registration.html)
Cut-off date for room and meet registration is Oct. 4th. No exceptions.