Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Powder Coating/Painting Amazon wheels

Powder Coating/Painting Amazon wheels 1 year 10 months ago #644

• 123GT
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi all. I am looking for a shop to powder coat a set of wheels for my 122S wagon to approximate as much as possible the original finish. I am hoping that this will be more durable than simply sandblasting and painting. I am located in Connecticut.

Does anyone have experience with powder coating vs. painting?

Don J
You must register to gain posting privileges.

Re: Powder Coating/Painting Amazon wheels 1 year 10 months ago #645

• gdill3
  • Thank you received: 35
123GT wrote:
Hi all. I am looking for a shop to powder coat a set of wheels for my 122S wagon to approximate as much as possible the original finish. I am hoping that this will be more durable than simply sandblasting and painting. I am located in Connecticut.

Does anyone have experience with powder coating vs. painting?

Don J

Welcome to the Forum, Don.

Indeed, I have refinished a goodly number of Amazon wheels but powder coating was high science at the time.

My experiences with super-hard finishes in a spray can tell me that the wheels look great until you mount the tire with a power mounter. Not sure if powder coat is immune to scratches.

On my '68 Amazon wagon (now gone) the wheels had the OE accessory chrome beauty ring and the OE hubcap which left very little wheel visible.

ipd markets a wheel paint near the correct wheel color and your local auto parts house has it also.

Contact these folks...

www.ctwheelrepair.com/contact.html

...for some ideas on wheel finishes, repair, prices, etc.

Please let us know what you decide so we can admire your new wheels.

Thanks.

George Dill
You must register to gain posting privileges.
Time to create page: 0.265 seconds

We have 72 guests and no members online

You are here: Home Forum RWD Forums Amazon P120, P130 & P220 (1956-1970) Powder Coating/Painting Amazon wheels