• Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Anybody know where to get a 122 heater
blower motor or a rebuild?

Thanks!

Tommy
Attachments:
Last Edit: 11 months 2 weeks ago by zvolvo123. Reason: typo
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: 122 heater blower motor rebuilds 11 months 2 weeks ago #705

• gdill3
  • Thank you received: 21
zvolvo123 wrote:
Anybody know where to get a 122 heater
blower motor or a rebuild?

Thanks!

Tommy

Welcome to the Forum, Tommy.

Nice P132 - where'd you get that?

Forty years back the one guy to go to for Volvo heater motor rebuild was (is?) Bill Cheb in Canada...

Bill Cheb
9828-79 Street, Edmonton
Alberta, Canada T6A 3G1
Phone: +1 (403) 465 4960
Mail: bill.cheb (a) ualberta.ca
Rebuilding service for heater motors. Volvo 240, 164, 140, P1800, PV 544, etc. Also for SAAB 900 series...
The steel bushings in the motor get replaced with ball bearings for the 240 series motors or with bronze oil lite bushings for the open frame motors.

You might check to see if he is still active.

Take a look at you last copy of ROLLING Magazine as nearly every page has contact info for folks with new/used/salvage Amazon parts for sale/giveaway.

Here's a quick look at an older edition...

tinyurl.com/ca29g2c

And don't forget to check the ipd classifieds.

When the heater blower motor went south in my '67 144S I pulled the unit, cleaned everything then visited a local electric motor repair shop - $13 and good as new.

You should be so lucky.

Please let us know what you find especially if Bill Cheb is still rebuilding motors.

Thanks.

George Dill

Re: 122 heater blower motor rebuilds 11 months 2 weeks ago #706

• zvolvo123
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Thanks for the info George. I have taken it to my local electric shop, and he's old school. His experience with auto blower motors has been that when he gets it apart the bearings come out and he is usually unable to get them back together and in the motor. I'll see if this genteleman is still active.

I found the car in Orlando. It has very little rust and a working volvo ac unit, which were the main buying points for me. It has other issues however, so I probably paid too much. For instance had to get a header due to severely cracked manifold (couldn't hear it earlier because he had a magnifolw "muffler" on it), and I just ordered a new wiring harness from Swedish Treausres because the electric is totally screwed....

It was apparently a parts car at an Orlando shop in the 80s and was put together and sold rather than being moved when the business relocated. It has a B20 with a j-type overdrive, so that will be fun to try to wire properly.

But it is a great car and drives really good. I'm looking forward to getting it highway ready and it'll then be my daily driver.

Tommy
Time to create page: 0.275 seconds

We have 57 guests and no members online

You are here: Home Forum RWD Forums Amazon P120, P130 & P220 (1956-1970) 122 heater blower motor rebuilds