Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Volvo 130 Rear "Wing" Window Rubber??

Volvo 130 Rear "Wing" Window Rubber?? 10 months 1 week ago #958

• mrains
  • Fresh Boarder
I think I found my first expendable part for my '66 130 that may not be available. The rubber seal that is used around the wing window in the rear. I've pulled mine out to clean up some rust spots and paint and figured replacement rubber would be available. But per Johan at VP, probably not. These windows were US only, per Johan and no one makes replacement rubber which appears to be on a lightweight tubular frame of sorts.

Anybocy have any experience with this and how do you refurb the rubber? Mine is quite dry and rough; I doubt it will seal the window.
You must register to gain posting privileges.

Volvo 130 Rear "Wing" Window Rubber?? 10 months 1 week ago #959

• gdill3
  • Thank you received: 32
mrains wrote:
I think I found my first expendable part for my '66 130 that may not be available. The rubber seal that is used around the wing window in the rear. I've pulled mine out to clean up some rust spots and paint and figured replacement rubber would be available. But per Johan at VP, probably not. These windows were US only, per Johan and no one makes replacement rubber which appears to be on a lightweight tubular frame of sorts.

Anybocy have any experience with this and how do you refurb the rubber? Mine is quite dry and rough; I doubt it will seal the window.

Yup, seal is NLA worldwide.

The seal that is available (Amazon Favorit) will seal the glass and keep it in place but eliminates the hinge function.

Looking at govolvo and his blog...

volvo-122s.blogspot.com/2012_04_01_archive.html

...we see that he installed new seals here...

tinyurl.com/lphtqfv

...so now the challenge will be to contact him for info on his source for the correct seals.

BTW, I am not finding the Volvo Part Number(s) for the seals - you?

George Dill
You must register to gain posting privileges.
Time to create page: 0.245 seconds

We have 193 guests and no members online

You are here: Home Forum RWD Forums Amazon P120, P130 & P220 (1956-1970) Volvo 130 Rear "Wing" Window Rubber??