Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: 122S ride height

122S ride height 3 months 1 week ago #1233

Hi,

I am trying to find out the stock ride height of a 122S. I am looking onto lowering springs and want to compare my current ride height (my car is currently lowered) to a stock cars measurements.

The measurement from the top of the inside of the front and rear wheel well lips would be terrific.

Thanks,

Mark
Last Edit: 3 months 1 week ago by Mark_Snelgrove.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

122S ride height 3 months 1 week ago #1236

• gdill3
  • Thank you received: 30
Mark_Snelgrove wrote:
Hi,

I am trying to find out the stock ride height of a 122S. I am looking onto lowering springs and want to compare my current ride height (my car is currently lowered) to a stock cars measurements.

The measurement from the top of the inside of the front and rear wheel well lips would be terrific.

Thanks,

Mark

Terrific, indeed - but impossible to measure and google refuses to find such numbers from online factory information.

Too many variables to consider - load, spring rate/condition, wheel/tire diameter, CG altered from stock by add-ons, etc.

Best I can find is 15.5 inches from the center of the (rear) wheel well to the centerline of the axle.

Here is an Amazon with 1.5 inches drop on stock wheels but not stock tires (OE was 590-15)...

tinyurl.com/k5dgyml

If possible, post your current stance numbers for us to use as search info.

Thanks.

George Dill

122S ride height 3 months 1 week ago #1239

Hi,

Looks like I may have answered my own question. Here are the measurements of my car, and measurements of a stock Volvo. I am talking with Mr. Parker about his springs and am trying to retain this look that I currently have. The body height difference between mine and a stock setup is 3.75". His regular lowering springs drop a car 1 to 1.5". He does have an even lower set that that drop the car 2.5". I think that with the combination of my tires and his lower-lower springs, I will be able to retain this look.

My set up
Tires: 205/60R15
Tire diameter: 24.69"
Ride Height: 12.54"
Body height: 55 1/2"

Stock Car
Tires: 185R15
Tire Diameter: 25.4"
Ride Height: 112.85"
Body Height: 59.25
Attachments:

122S ride height 3 months 1 week ago #1240

• gdill3
  • Thank you received: 30
Lowering the car changes the entire suspension dynamics including the relationship among moving and stationary components. A drop of nearly 3 inches may change handling and braking characteristics.

Have you purchased items from Mr. Parker lately?

George Dill

122S ride height 3 months 1 week ago #1242

Well, currently I am at 3" lower than stock. Car handles very well but the springs are are not progressive.

I have purchased items from John. It took a little longer than I had anticipated but he came through. He has also been very informative over the phone with me regarding other car issues. I feel he is a treasure to the Volvo community and I will do whatever I can to keep him in business.
Time to create page: 0.303 seconds

We have 340 guests and one member online

• Fvanvorce