Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Out of control

Out of control 2 months 2 weeks ago #1387

• fdnymick
  • Fresh Boarder
Yesterday while stopped at a stop light, my 2012 C30 Rdesign revved up and started to go forward thru the intersection at a high rate of speed but I jammed on the brake to stop the car and threw the transmission into park to stop the car from going any further. After about 5 seconds it revved down to normal. Has this happened to anyone else and how concerned should I be about this happening again. Scheduled to bring car into dealer to have this checked out.
You must register to gain posting privileges.

Out of control 2 months 2 weeks ago #1390

• gdill3
  • Thank you received: 33
fdnymick wrote:
Yesterday while stopped at a stop light, my 2012 C30 Rdesign revved up and started to go forward thru the intersection at a high rate of speed but I jammed on the brake to stop the car and threw the transmission into park to stop the car from going any further. After about 5 seconds it revved down to normal. Has this happened to anyone else and how concerned should I be about this happening again. Scheduled to bring car into dealer to have this checked out.

Is this your report to the government?...

SUMMARY:
TL* THE CONTACT OWNS A 2012 VOLVO C30. THE CONTACT STATED THAT WHILE THE BRAKES WERE BEING DEPRESSED, THE VEHICLE ACCELERATED INDEPENDENTLY. THE VEHICLE WAS TAKEN TO THE DEALER TWICE. THE MANUFACTURER WAS MADE AWARE OF THE FAILURE HOWEVER, THE VEHICLE WAS NOT REPAIRED. THE FAILURE MILEAGE WAS 361 AND THE CURRENT MILEAGE WAS 1200. ...UPDATED 10/10/12 *BF THE CONSUMER STATED THE VEHICLE SPONTANEOUSLY AND RANDOMLY FAILS TO RESPOND FOR THREE OR FOUR SECONDS UPON PRESSING THE ACCLERATOR AND THEN IT SURGES. AFTER ABOUT THREE SECNDS IT FALLS BACK TO NORMAL SPEED. UPDATED 10/17/2012 *JS

If not then at least two owners of the 2012 C30 have experienced "unintended acceleration".

You can report this to the Feds by using the drop-downs for your C30 info here...

www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/owners/SearchSafetyIssues

...then follow the links at the bottom of the search results.

Be sure to return here with an update.

Thanks.

George Dill
You must register to gain posting privileges.
Time to create page: 0.558 seconds

We have 99 guests and one member online

• dgseadog
You are here: Home Forum FWD & AWD Forums C30 2007 - Out of control