Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Engine turns off, Oil light blink, and Coolant level above max

Engine turns off, Oil light blink, and Coolant level above max 1 month 2 weeks ago #1317

Hello!

I am having the following trouble in a Volvo s40 2003, with engine B4204S2, manual transmission.

The car had installed a new radiator in the dealer, a month ago, it was found to be defective, caused overheating..

They installed a new one as warranty…

They had engine leak-down test 21% 16% 10% 35%

It was given back yesterday.

But today I drove the car in the morning. At noon, I parked for 10 minutes.
When I started the engine, it turned off by itself, right after. It was on neutral..

A few hours later, while driving, nearly stop on red light, with transmission on neutral, it hesitated, the oil light blink, it tried to stay on, but finally turned off…

When turning on again, the revs where jumping, below 750rpm, did this for 20 seconds, and turned off.

When turning on again, it was normal?

What could have caused?

After overheating, some consequences I was told could be, failing head gasket, oil pump damaged, O rings, I was told.. Could that have something to do?

Another issue, the car has new thermostat, radiator, and the radiator deposit cap, is ok.

The coolant level, is above maximum after 20 minutes drive.

Can I have your opinion, on what could have caused the turning off problem? And the coolant above max issue?

Thank you.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Engine turns off, Oil light blink, and Coolant level above max 1 month 2 weeks ago #1319

• gdill3
  • Thank you received: 29
If the coolant level is normal after the engine has completely cooled all is well.

Please post the OBD codes from the latest dealer work.

Thanks.

George Dill

Engine turns off, Oil light blink, and Coolant level above max 3 weeks 5 hours ago #1330

Hello, I was told, there weren't any.
I will ask for a new OBD test, and I will let you know.

Thanks
Time to create page: 0.848 seconds

We have 50 guests and one member online

• bojified
You are here: Home Forum FWD & AWD Forums S40 & V50 (1995 - 2004) Engine turns off, Oil light blink, and Coolant level above max