Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Oil Burning

Oil Burning 1 year 5 months ago #673

First time poster here. I have an '08 S40 2.4 which I bought new. I only run Amsoil in it since new, yet I have burned a qt. of oil between each oil change since new. I have owned many Volvos in the past never with this problem. Am I the only one?
You must register to gain posting privileges.

Re: Oil Burning 1 year 5 months ago #674

• gdill3
  • Thank you received: 31
Jay Gratton wrote:
First time poster here. I have an '08 S40 2.4 which I bought new. I only run Amsoil in it since new, yet I have burned a qt. of oil between each oil change since new. I have owned many Volvos in the past never with this problem. Am I the only one?

Welcome to the Forum, Jay.

One quart in how many miles and under what driving conditions? What brand of oil filter?

Just for grins consider doing the next scheduled oil change using the new Volvo synthetic oil from the dealer (not cheap) and the Volvo oil filter specifically for your Y/M.

George Dill

Oil Burning 4 months 4 weeks ago #1226

• jlobre
  • Fresh Boarder
I am having similar experience on oil consumption between 7500 mile interval oil changes with my 06 S40 2.4i and 74000 miles racked up. Been using Mobil1 5w-30 or more recently 10w-30.

Most auto makers contend this is not out of spec, but from my personal experience with many autos even at mileages more than 200K, I find this not normal. It may be a characteristic of this engine. If consumption accelerates as miiage accumulates, then that's problematic in my mind.
Time to create page: 0.256 seconds

We have 226 guests and one member online

• RagingMoose