Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: New Member - Back Home

New Member - Back Home 3 years 4 weeks ago #130

• dreusser
  • Fresh Boarder
After many years back home with Volvo.

After a couple hot rods, got my first Volvo (65 - 122S) to get me through college in the late 60s.

Then lost my way for 25 years, but needed a good utility vehicle (never embraced SUVs), so bought a 90 - 740 Turbo Wagon ... VA plate is affectionately "Turbo-Box." Still have The Box with a low 110K ... barely broke in.

Had a number of "other" vehicles for main transportation until last year when I bought a 2010 - C70. Wanted a convertible but didn't like the leaks, noise, security issues associated with cloth tops ... sorry to you traditionalists out there. Picked-up a 335i on a three year lease ... biggest mistake of my car owning life. The car left me stranded three times - two when the engine stopped running and once when the sidewall blew out in the middle of nowhere NC. That was the last straw. Gladly returned the BMW at the end of the lease and purchased the C-70. Really wanted to find one with a stick but people who buy sticks seem to keep them and I just couldn't find one anywhere on the East Coast. I miss the performance and 6-speed, but have been delighted with the looks and dependability I've experienced since purchasing the C-70. I feel like I'm back home now with a two-Volvo garage.
You must register to gain posting privileges.
Time to create page: 0.232 seconds

We have 121 guests and no members online

You are here: Home Forum Main Forum Welcome Mat New Member - Back Home