Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Greetings

Greetings 2 years 7 months ago #234

• nickjs1984
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Hello from the center of PA. Just wanted to introduce myself as I've just purchased my first Volvo - a 2012 S60 T5 in Vibrant Copper with Beechwood interior, Premium and Climate packages, Xenon lights and Njord wheels. Can't wait for it to arrive from Sweden! Looking forward to some great conversation here through the next few years.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Greetings 2 years 7 months ago #236

Hi Nick! My name is Tom and I am brand new to this Volvo club. I wish to someday be able to get such an AMAZING Volvo from Sweden someday. Its my dream to go to Sweden and pick my brand new Volvo factory. The S60 in that exact order would be my favorite combo and wish good luck towards it when you finally get it! I was just wondering how long you actually have to wait though to get it from so far away. Let me know how you enjoy your first =]Volvo, I'm sure you'll fall in love with Volvo once you get driving in one! ttyl -Tom =] (white 97 Volvo 850GLT)

Re: Greetings 2 years 7 months ago #238

• nickjs1984
  • Fresh Boarder
Hey! Thanks for the vote of confidence in my ordering selections. I'm really excited to see the finished product of much online (and mental) car-building.

As far as I can tell, the order/shipping process takes about 8 weeks. I'm hoping to get a VIN from my dealer soon so I can start tracking the shipment from Sweden. As of yesterday, he didn't have one yet and I ordered on November 29th. I was assured, though, that my Volvo would be here by the end of my Audi's current lease term (February 8th), so I'm hopeful!
The following user(s) said Thank You: tomthabom240

Re: Greetings 2 years 5 months ago #326

:cheer: hey
Nick! It's good to hear back from you, after lots of thinking and checking out the new S60 at a local VCOA car meet, i can't deny my true love for the Volvo that is meant for me to be with. lol its the C30 and not just any C30, it MUST be the R-design with the 2-tone leather interior. Its like my dream car and i just got offered a new job which will let me reach that goal!! I love every inch of that car!!! And it has to be in either black, white, or silver! Its gonna take me a couple of months to save up for one but it will be well worth all of the hard work and effort once i get into the drivers seat of my very own R-design!! My buddy just got a very good paying job and just picked up a brand new Vdub GTI and really want to have the equivillant to him! ha ha like a carguy rivalry i guess!
But best of luck on your gold S60 and hopefully you'll be getting the R-design one as well! you gotta show me some pics when you get it and let me know what you think, and if its better than an Audi!

Re: Greetings 2 years 5 months ago #327

• nickjs1984
  • Fresh Boarder
The C30 is a great car - was fighting for the top spot on my list when I got my A3 back in 2008/9. Ultimately, the lack of rear seat room is what got the Audi the nod, but the C30 was a lot of fun to drive. My wife's boss has one now in Orange Flame Metallic with a black interior - very sharp!

Here are some photos of the new S60 T5.

I'm pretty pleased with it (him? her?) so far and think it's definitely a lot more comfortable than the A3 - probably on par with my wife's 2011 Audi Q5 or my mother-in-law's 2005 A6, both of which were quite a bit more money!

Re: Greetings 2 years 5 months ago #328

Thanks for agreeing with me on the C30; I'm in kinda in the same posistion with getting a nice ride, my best friend just got a 12' GTI which is really nice and i think the C30 is like Volvo's GTI model if that makes sense. The GTI's like him like the C30 completes me,everything about that car personifies something about me and I'm going to work really hard to get exactly the one i want! The Orange Flame Metallic is a fantastic color for it as well although I'm not to crazy about the gray body panels on that particular color. I prefer the one color style more because i think it gives it a more refined to it. Me, i gotta get the single color body kit, 2009 with the updated volvo logo and the 18-inch Midir rim's which look just like my friends GTI rims.'
On the other hand i checked out your pics of the S60 and i am not gonna lie, I'M JEALOUS!! ha ha now that's a sweet ride! along with your wife's Q5 which i also really like, more than the bulky Q7 which i think is too big. I kinda have a soft spot for Audi's as well, like i told you, i tried out the A3. great styling and interiors are top notch. Enjoy both of them!
Here are some pics of my ride in case you were wondering what mine looks like:
Attachments:
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.262 seconds

We have 59 guests and one member online

• RVABrickGal