Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Brit abroad

Brit abroad 2 years 1 month ago #347

new member.....business friend told me about the site (Thanks Rob:)....and the A-Plan..:)

Currently own 2 Volvo's, girlfriend drives 2007 XC90 3.2, and I have one of the last to be built 2007 manual S60R's (my pride and joy!)....

Looking to replace the XC90, but waiting for new model, if it ever arrives (can't come soon enough!).....current cars are close to 5 years old, and although still both in great shape (both with ~60K on clock), its time for an update....even if just for bluetooth capability (yes, very safety conscious....)

Would like to consider a new S60R, but new model not available with manual transmission.....:( don't see the point of offering 325hp in an auto transmission...plus heard volvo having issues with the current S60R with regard to the transmissions 'hunting'...not driven one, so cannot confirm.

Have tinkered with my S60R a little, stiffer roll bar bushes, direct air intake, K & N, suspensions cross struts, and I'm looking at doing a software upgrade.....but has to be subtle, not into all that whooosh, pop stuff.....prefer the nice wistle of a winding turbo.....
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Brit abroad 2 years 1 month ago #349

• c_long20
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 8
Welcome to the site! Sometimes we are a little slow to respond, but one of us normally responds within a day or two.

As for a new Volvo, XC60. The cargo capacity is just a little smaller than the XC90. It has the 3.2 or T6 and is much lighter. Being lighter makes it respond a LOT better to the 3.2, which is sluggish at best in the XC90. The best part... the ride. This car has just about the best ride of any Volvo I've ever driven, even with the dreaded Pirelli tires. I just can't enough good things about the XC60. We haven't seen any major issues with it over the short time it has been in our line up either. Just something to think about.

As for the S60R, you need to hang on to that as long as you possibly can. The absolute best of our performance cars, especially with the manual. The '07 has all the "problems" worked out and the best overall package of any of our cars. For a tune I would see if Lucky at ARD has anything available. He did a custom tune for my V70 and for a co-worker's 850 and they both work wonderfully. He is fairly cheap too, unlike the $1500 IPD tunes.

Volvo does have an accessory option for Bluetooth on both of those cars.

The auto only option is just a production thing. It's much cheaper to have one transmission going in all the cars. Comes down to the almighty dollar in the end.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.250 seconds

We have 165 guests and no members online

You are here: Home Forum Main Forum Welcome Mat Brit abroad