Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: New Member

New Member 2 years 1 month ago #554

• MRBell07
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello to all VCOA Members!

My name is Matt, and I'm a musician living in Dallas, TX. My current car is a 1984 244 GL that I purchased a little over a year ago. There's certainly a laundry list of things to fix on this car, but most of them cosmetic, or so I hope. As somewhat of a novice mechanic, I just wanted something that I could buy for fairly cheap and do the majority of the work myself. I'm not one to really upgrade or try to max out performance, lower, modify, or any of that stuff (though I certainly have an appreciation for those who do/can). I would really like to get my Volvo running and looking as close as possible to the way it did in 1984.

This isn't my first Volvo, but it's the first one that I've ventured to really work on myself. I've found that this car, despite its quirks, is a blast to work on (aside from the headache inducing issues, though most don't go beyond minor frustration).

I'm really excited to network and share knowledge with others in the VCOA, and I look forward to potentially meeting some of you in the future.

Thanks!
MB
You must register to gain posting privileges.

Re: New Member 2 years 1 month ago #555

• gdill3
  • Thank you received: 35
MRBell07 wrote:
Hello to all VCOA Members!

My name is Matt, and I'm a musician living in Dallas, TX. My current car is a 1984 244 GL that I purchased a little over a year ago. There's certainly a laundry list of things to fix on this car, but most of them cosmetic, or so I hope. As somewhat of a novice mechanic, I just wanted something that I could buy for fairly cheap and do the majority of the work myself. I'm not one to really upgrade or try to max out performance, lower, modify, or any of that stuff (though I certainly have an appreciation for those who do/can). I would really like to get my Volvo running and looking as close as possible to the way it did in 1984.

This isn't my first Volvo, but it's the first one that I've ventured to really work on myself. I've found that this car, despite its quirks, is a blast to work on (aside from the headache inducing issues, though most don't go beyond minor frustration).

I'm really excited to network and share knowledge with others in the VCOA, and I look forward to potentially meeting some of you in the future.

Thanks!
MB

Welcome to the Welcome Mat, Matt.

We would love to see some pics of your '84 244 so consider doing a really big show on the VCOA Gallery.

Speaking of Shows - did you attend the Volvo Car Club Meet at Park Place Volvo in Dallas Nov 10 last?

As you progress along fixing up your Volvo (name?) consider starting relevant threads in the 240 Section of the Forum so we can add our 2 cents.

Your profile shows "musician" - does the 244 trunk handle all the stuff for a gig?

George Dill

Re: New Member 2 years 1 month ago #556

• MRBell07
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi George!

I had a feeling someone might ask for some pictures. :) I'll get some up as soon as I can.

I didn't make it to the Park Place event. I actually found out about it yesterday when I joined the VCOA, haha. But I'll certainly try to make the next one, whenever that is.

And I mainly do acoustic stuff, so my gear fits pretty well between the trunk and the back seat, but depending on expansion plans there may be a 245 in my future. :silly:

MB
Time to create page: 0.285 seconds

We have 118 guests and no members online

You are here: Home Forum Main Forum Welcome Mat New Member