Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Saab owners coming to the "dark side"

Saab owners coming to the "dark side" 10 months 3 weeks ago #825

• AeroDan
  • Fresh Boarder
My wife and I have owned four Saabs and are currently driving 2 Saab 9-5 Aeros but have been contemplating what we will buy to replace our Aeros when the time comes. We've looked at Audi, MB, Beemer and have decided Volvo is closest to our beloved Saabs. Scandinavian simplicity, safety and sportiness must be our style. We'd love to hear any experiences with the S60. We are anxiously awaiting arrival of the V60 in the US in January next year. Looks like the forum traffic is a little slow. Hope it picks up.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Saab owners coming to the "dark side" 10 months 3 weeks ago #827

• gdill3
  • Thank you received: 30
AeroDan wrote:
My wife and I have owned four Saabs and are currently driving 2 Saab 9-5 Aeros but have been contemplating what we will buy to replace our Aeros when the time comes. We've looked at Audi, MB, Beemer and have decided Volvo is closest to our beloved Saabs. Scandinavian simplicity, safety and sportiness must be our style. We'd love to hear any experiences with the S60. We are anxiously awaiting arrival of the V60 in the US in January next year. Looks like the forum traffic is a little slow. Hope it picks up.

Welcome to the Forum, Daniel.

My neighbors have a last-year Saab wagon and a Volvo 245 wagon and would never part with either.

My Saab days were more than forty years back but once I got into that lightly-used '62 122S Amazon it was Volvo all the way.

My only experience with the S60 came just last Saturday as I was blown off by a shiny black R departing a Texas Volvo Meet...

tinyurl.com/nbgwsoa

You will have noticed that Swedespeed is a bit more active than here. The good is that this Forum has no wiseacres or miscreants.

Consider doing a 2014 OSD and drive your new V60 around Europe then bring it back to Texas.

George Dill

Re: Saab owners coming to the "dark side" 10 months 3 weeks ago #828

• AeroDan
  • Fresh Boarder
George,
Thanks for the reply. We are considering doing OSD if we end up ordering either an S60 or V60 in the spring of next year. We'd like to visit the new Saab museum while we are there. My wife picked up her 1989 900 before we met and we picked up her 1996 900 in Trollhattan in the past. Our next-door neighbors are Volvo people and own an older sedan and a newer V70 wagon. We always talk to them about going over to the dark side. Ha. Also, thanks for recommending Swedespeed forum. I was looking for an active forum on Volvos but hadn't found it yet.
Last Edit: 10 months 3 weeks ago by AeroDan. Reason: Thanks for Swedespeed suggestion

Re: Saab owners coming to the "dark side" 10 months 2 weeks ago #842

• jamied68
  • Fresh Boarder
I've owned 4 SAAB's as well and they were all SOB stories. Each had major failures including, engine, transmission and electrical problems, I bought my first Volvo, a 2000 S70 GLT, followed it with a 2007 Volvo S60 R (loved that car!) and I now own a 2013 XC60 R design. The difference is night and day. Every Volvo was dependable, low maintenance and a joy to drive. I will never own anything other than a Volvo. I did love my 1995 SAAB 9000 Aero because it was lightning fast and comfortable but it cost me $12,000 in repairs in one shot. The most I ever spent on any of my Volvo's was $195 for a new ABS unit in my 2000 S70.
You will never look back once you leave the SAAB for a Volvo.
Good luck!
myXC60.jpg

Re: Saab owners coming to the "dark side" 10 months 2 weeks ago #843

• AeroDan
  • Fresh Boarder
Sorry to hear you had bad luck with your Saabs. Our two Saab 9-5 Aeros have been the best cars we have ever owned. No major repairs and 135,000 on one and 100,000 miles on the other. Our two previous Saabs were also reliable with no major breakdowns. We're looking at Volvo because Saab is no more and we like the Scandinavian car style of simplicity and safety.
Time to create page: 0.318 seconds

We have 281 guests and one member online

• Fvanvorce
You are here: Home Forum Main Forum Welcome Mat Saab owners coming to the "dark side"