Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Greetings from Southern Pennsylvania

Greetings from Southern Pennsylvania 11 months 3 weeks ago #1055

• Mgierke
  • Fresh Boarder
Newbie to the club, but not to Volvo. Just picked up my third wagon, a 2008 black on black v70 3.2. My wife drives a 2012 V70 XC. I had a 1994 Turbo 850 wagon in the past, and we've had two sedans over the years. Hope to be driving these well into retirement, which is ten years away at the moment. Should not be a problem.

Looking forward to participating and meeting some folks here.

Cheers,

Marty
You must register to gain posting privileges.

Greetings from Southern Pennsylvania 3 weeks 2 days ago #1538

• tmdooley
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello from Wheaton, Illinois! I have a the red 1994 850 Wagon that I STILL drive!
How many miles did you get out of yours? I want to have mine restored… did you ever consider/look into restoring yours? This is my first Volvo - I bought it five years ago - I became a Volvo enthusiast the moment I got behind the wheel. Are the newer Volvo's built as nicely as the older "off the boat" Volvos? Mine is imported from Sweden - only one owner prior to me.

My baby "Li'l Red" is starting to cost me nearly $1,000 every two or three months for some type of repair. I just dont want to get rid of her. Why did you finally stop driving yours?

Looking forward to hearing your Volvo stories! :-)

Greetings from Southern Pennsylvania 3 weeks 2 days ago #1539

• Mgierke
  • Fresh Boarder
I got around 130K out of the 850, had to get rid of it due to a move for work, but am glad I bought two more wagons since. That car had some nagging issues later in it's life, but nothing serious. Not great in Winter, but I did have snow wheels/tires and I never got stuck. Nothing wrong with the newer wagons - they seem just as solid as ever, maybe even better. My wife drove an S70 sedan for around 230K with no issues. The engine head gasket blew finally, and I should have rebuilt the engine, but she wanted a wagon with four wheel drive, so we ended up with the V70CC. If I had the time and place, I would love to own another 850 0r V70 wagon - this time an R. Someday...
Time to create page: 0.326 seconds

We have 112 guests and no members online

You are here: Home Forum Main Forum Welcome Mat Greetings from Southern Pennsylvania