Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: radio/cd player for 1971 164 volvo

radio/cd player for 1971 164 volvo 3 months 1 week ago #1337

• jzanetti
  • Fresh Boarder
Does anyone have suggestions for a am-fm/cd player for a 1971 164. I don not want to remove the original radio but I would like to set a new one up maybe under the dash board. Any ideas for brands or installation tips.
You must register to gain posting privileges.

radio/cd player for 1971 164 volvo 3 months 5 days ago #1339

• gdill3
  • Thank you received: 33
jzanetti wrote:
Does anyone have suggestions for a am-fm/cd player for a 1971 164. I don not want to remove the original radio but I would like to set a new one up maybe under the dash board. Any ideas for brands or installation tips.

Welcome to the Forum.

Been googlin' constantly since you posted this looking for the original factory radio/CD player that fits in the dash where the existing radio resides - no luck.

This gentleman may have same if you wish to contact him...

volvo [at] metrocast [dot] net

...as he has a huge stash of 164 parts.

Otherwise...

My view is to visit a local pawn shop or similar and pick up a working 12 volt CD player that will fit under the driver's seat and get wired up to the existing speakers. Hanging it under the dash is ok unless you show the car at Volvo Meets.

You can find big $$$ systems on the web but these need high-tech speakers and a strong battery/alternator.

If you drive mostly alone try humming your favorite tunes while tapping time on the horn rim.

George Dill
You must register to gain posting privileges.
Time to create page: 0.255 seconds

We have 74 guests and no members online

You are here: Home Forum Main Forum Welcome Mat radio/cd player for 1971 164 volvo