Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: 2012 S60 transmission fluid drain and fill

2012 S60 transmission fluid drain and fill 1 year 3 months ago #721

• andy.ensign
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I am a stickler for preventative maintenance, and my car just turned over 30k. My dealer says Volvo doesn't recommend changing transmission fluid...I think that might be so people don't put in the wrong fluid. This car takes jws3309 fluid, so I bought a case of Mobil 3309. i found a drain plug on the bottom of the tranny....I got out maybe a smidge over 1 quart. That seemed wrong to me. I put in 2 qts. Ran it for a little, then drained agin...now got 2 qts. out. I called the dealer to find out what the drain and refill capacity was....they claimed 4 liters, but I shouldn't do it. So, if they are correct on the drain/refill capacity, my car has been short about 3 quarts....from the factory. If anyone has any information to weigh-in on this subject...please do.
You must register to gain posting privileges.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sjulier

Re: 2012 S60 transmission fluid drain and fill 1 year 1 week ago #858

Hi and thanks for the heads up I've got a S60 T5 2013 and from the first heard a strange transmission sound, I tend to overworry about my car. Now I've set to wondering if I too have this low transmission fluid issue. The sound from the transmission sounds like - you'll laugh - corduroy pants rubbing together when you walk. I'm making a call to the dealer right now.
You must register to gain posting privileges.
Time to create page: 0.243 seconds

We have 328 guests and no members online

You are here: Home Forum FWD & AWD Forums S60 & V60 (2011- Current) 2012 S60 transmission fluid drain and fill