Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Seeking information - Reciever Hitch for 2012 xc60

Seeking information - Reciever Hitch for 2012 xc60 3 months 3 weeks ago #1301

• JeffForst
  • Fresh Boarder
Greetings,
I am trying to identify what type/brand of trailer hitch (accessory carry only - no towing package) Volvo dealers install. My inquiries result in a part number and look ups for that part show a crude/archaic item as opposed to an elegant/minimal straight square tube receiver. I also get a vague estimate for $500. which seems high when finding items under $150. from a number of manufacturers. I understand there is labor but...

I'd also like to see pictures of dealer installed product, which haven't been produced by the engaged dealers. As stated, the parts found thru Volvo show a strange reciever when compared to numerous other products (hidden, kurt ..etc) and I really don't want surprises.

Can anyone provide guidance/experience/pictures on this topic?
You must register to gain posting privileges.

Seeking information - Reciever Hitch for 2012 xc60 3 months 3 weeks ago #1302

• gdill3
  • Thank you received: 32
JeffForst wrote:
Greetings,
I am trying to identify what type/brand of trailer hitch (accessory carry only - no towing package) Volvo dealers install. My inquiries result in a part number and look ups for that part show a crude/archaic item as opposed to an elegant/minimal straight square tube receiver. I also get a vague estimate for $500. which seems high when finding items under $150. from a number of manufacturers. I understand there is labor but...

I'd also like to see pictures of dealer installed product, which haven't been produced by the engaged dealers. As stated, the parts found thru Volvo show a strange reciever when compared to numerous other products (hidden, kurt ..etc) and I really don't want surprises.

Can anyone provide guidance/experience/pictures on this topic?

$164.95 free shipping...

tinyurl.com/oaqshct

...with all hardware and no-welding install.

BTW, did you get the driver's door lock situation in-hand?...

www.vcoa.org/forum/general-discussions/924-driver-door-locks-preventing-entry#1065

George Dill

Seeking information - Reciever Hitch for 2012 xc60 3 months 3 weeks ago #1303

• JeffForst
  • Fresh Boarder
George,

Thanks for the quick response. Are you aware of anyone trying this item on my year vehicle? I've seen mixed responses (not on the supplied site) mentioning trouble with fit and requiring cutting. I can certainly try to install if the fit is custom but my main concern is changing something that could cause trouble during the warranty period. The provided link is helpful, especially for the pictures.

As far as the lock issue, it only happened 2 or 3 times even though the cold weather was persistent. Perhaps a fluke ...luckily.

Seeking information - Reciever Hitch for 2012 xc60 3 months 3 weeks ago #1305

• gdill3
  • Thank you received: 32
JeffForst wrote:
George,

Thanks for the quick response. Are you aware of anyone trying this item on my year vehicle? I've seen mixed responses (not on the supplied site) mentioning trouble with fit and requiring cutting. I can certainly try to install if the fit is custom but my main concern is changing something that could cause trouble during the warranty period...

Well, more googlin' reveals minor/major problems with ALL aftermarket hitches for the XC60 (and other Volvos).

Most problems involved clearance conflict with exhaust and heat shield. The vast majority stated installation problems. R Design cars have special requirements not met by some aftermarket hitches and cutting may be needed.

Of the brazzilion threads/pics I viewed only ONE happy XC60 owner had a perfect hitch install/usage experience - $700 installed at the Volvo dealer.

This included the OE hitch and wiring (with warranty), installation and software update that allows the stability/camera/etc. functions to perform smoothly.

Personally, I would go the dealer route as you then drive away in comfort knowing all is well instead of avoiding bumpy roads because the exhaust hits the hitch.

George Dill

Seeking information - Reciever Hitch for 2012 xc60 1 month 4 days ago #1400

• azlkk
  • Fresh Boarder
I had the dealer install the OEM Volvo hitch on my 2015.5 XC60 RD. Haven't towed anything yet so all that I can say is that it looks good, I was concerned at first about trimming the valence.
Time to create page: 0.271 seconds

We have 43 guests and one member online

• johnhapple
You are here: Home Forum FWD & AWD Forums XC60 (2010 - Current) Seeking information - Reciever Hitch for 2012 xc60