Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Tire chains on V70

Tire chains on V70 2 years 2 weeks ago #577

• VolvoRocks
  • Fresh Boarder
Has anyone had success with using tire chains or cables on a V70, other than the ultra expensive version that Volvo sells. I called the dealer and they only recommend using their own cables, since they do not have any chain/cable on the 'inside' of the tire/wheel. If you've used cables of the conventional style on a V70 or XC70 I'd be interested. Please don't comment if you just think yours might work but haven't really tried it. Thanks.

By the way, my V70 is a 2008 model.
Last Edit: 2 years 2 weeks ago by VolvoRocks.
You must register to gain posting privileges.

Re: Tire chains on V70 2 years 2 weeks ago #579

• brick-a-brac
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 5
Where do you drive that you will need chains? I have a 98 V70 T5M which I've driven in New England for 8 years and I've needed nothing more than a good set of snow tires (currently, Blizzak WS60s).

Re: Tire chains on V70 2 years 2 weeks ago #582

• VolvoRocks
  • Fresh Boarder
I live and drive in the Seattle area, where there is snow on the ground on average only a few days a year. New tires, wheels to mount them on, and the TPMS sensors I would need could cost upwards of $1,200 for all four or $600 for two. I also realize I could spend a bunch of time looking for used tires/wheels but the TPMS sensors would be hard to find used.

This is more than I would want to spend, IF it were to snow before I sell the car.

My plan is to get a good set of snow chains or cables and keep them in the car for emergencies, and hopefully not have to use them.

Thank you for your reply brick-a-brac.
Time to create page: 0.250 seconds

We have 116 guests and one member online

• rhthomison