Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: My XC-70 says alarm system needs service. Car requires key to unlock

My XC-70 says alarm system needs service. Car requires key to unlock 7 months 2 weeks ago #829

• Happysap
  • Fresh Boarder
What does this mean, has anyone had this? $$?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: My XC-70 says alarm system needs service. Car requires key to unlock 7 months 2 weeks ago #830

• gdill3
  • Thank you received: 22
Happysap wrote:
What does this mean, has anyone had this? $$?

Welcome to the Forum, Mary Jo.

The message is usually caused by a failed alarm siren module. The non-response to the fobs (and no-work sunroof) should be remedied by the new module. Be sure the fobs have fresh batteries.

Although the new module can be installed by the owner without needing the Volvo maintenance software interface it may be a good idea to allow a Volvo dealer to do the repair.

Please let us know how this goes.

Thanks.

George Dill

Re: My XC-70 says alarm system needs service. Car requires key to unlock 7 months 2 weeks ago #831

• Happysap
  • Fresh Boarder
Thank you for the information. Coincidentally, my sunroof didnt open a while back, I haven't tried it since, didn't want to be stuck in the rain. I'm trying a non-dealer for service. But I'll use the dealer for this one. Thanks again.
Time to create page: 0.234 seconds

We have 338 guests and no members online

You are here: Home Forum FWD & AWD Forums V70 & V70XC & XC70 (2001-2007) My XC-70 says alarm system needs service. Car requires key to unlock