Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: quick but dumb question

quick but dumb question 7 months 5 days ago #1040

• fierogtv6
  • Fresh Boarder
have an '06 ocean race xc70, steering wheel sure doesn't feel like leather and feels like hard plastic, went to local dealer to inquire into switching to a leather covered steering wheel but the parts guy went out to the car, looked at the wheel and said it was leather covered already. Have owned multiple cars with leather clad steering wheel and others with hard plastic and no leather. What steering wheel came as standard on the XC70 ocean race? Am I crazy here or is the parts guy wrong? Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.

quick but dumb question 7 months 5 days ago #1041

• tailfin
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 4
Hello fierogtv6,

The Ocean Race Editions are upscale vehicles and as far as I know, only available with leather seating and steering wheel. But, you should be able to tell by examining the stitching; if it looks like it belongs on a GM product with the stitching the same color (and molded plastic) as the wheel, then that's what it is. I'd be surprised if they put a waterproof plastic wheel in it, though. It is an Ocean Race Edition, but I don't think you're supposed to get it wet inside. ;)

Here is the official link: Volvo Ocean Race Edition

Cheers!

Ed
I want to die like my Grandfather did, peacefully in his sleep.
Not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car.

quick but dumb question 7 months 4 days ago #1042

• gdill3
  • Thank you received: 29
fierogtv6 wrote:
have an '06 ocean race xc70, steering wheel sure doesn't feel like leather and feels like hard plastic, went to local dealer to inquire into switching to a leather covered steering wheel but the parts guy went out to the car, looked at the wheel and said it was leather covered already. Have owned multiple cars with leather clad steering wheel and others with hard plastic and no leather. What steering wheel came as standard on the XC70 ocean race? Am I crazy here or is the parts guy wrong? Thanks

Quick and dumb - me, too, but I got over quick.

tinyurl.com/mm3zz3u

The leather-clad steering wheel in your '06 ORE XC70 is indeed bovine epidermis. That and the stitching is known as "sail seam", is allergen-free and complies with international oeko-tex ecological standards. Also, the steering wheel is designed to not catch on fire following a rear-ender.

George Dill

quick but dumb question 7 months 4 days ago #1044

• fierogtv6
  • Fresh Boarder
thanks for the answers, to be honest, it's got to be the hardest stinking leather wheel I've ever held :)
Time to create page: 0.262 seconds

We have 89 guests and no members online