Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: 05 V70 window washers

05 V70 window washers 4 months 2 weeks ago #1329

• volvoted
  • Fresh Boarder
My windshield and rear window washers are not working, headlight washer is working.
I couldn't see any fusses blown.
I moved the hose in the hood and disconnected at the wye, no fluid came out when trying to wash.
I can hear the pump working when headlights are washed but no pump noise for just the windshield.
Could the tank have crud in it and plugging up, or is there a separate pump for the front and back windows that is gone?
Any suggestions.
Ted
You must register to gain posting privileges.

05 V70 window washers 4 months 2 weeks ago #1334

• gdill3
  • Thank you received: 34
tsjwells@gmail.com wrote:
My windshield and rear window washers are not working, headlight washer is working.
I couldn't see any fusses blown.
I moved the hose in the hood and disconnected at the wye, no fluid came out when trying to wash.
I can hear the pump working when headlights are washed but no pump noise for just the windshield.
Could the tank have crud in it and plugging up, or is there a separate pump for the front and back windows that is gone?
Any suggestions.
Ted

This can be as simple as a loose hose or as not simple as a failing delivery valve. All it takes is one loose/corroded ground wire to spend big bucks and much time chasing non-fixes.

Gain access to the washer hoses and valves by removing the panel(s) covering the rear speakers. You can then disconnect the hoses and reverse-flush with compressed air or a hand pump from your futbol kit.

More info in the links below.

George Dill

tinyurl.com/nj8vge3

tinyurl.com/kx4zuqg

tinyurl.com/ko6k9u5

05 V70 window washers 2 months 1 week ago #1446

• volvoted
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks George
I replaced the low pressure pump and it works fine now.
Time to create page: 0.354 seconds

We have 113 guests and 2 members online

• BarnettdS7NX2
  • Eyvind L.