Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: New/Redesigned 2014 Volvo Convertible???

New/Redesigned 2014 Volvo Convertible??? 2 years 4 months ago #388

• JVFIORE1
  • Fresh Boarder
I'm the EXTREMELY happy owner of a Caspian Blue 2012 C70. We picked up the car in Gothenburg in October 2011. OSD is great (highly recommended)! I've heard that the C70 plant will close in 2013, and perhaps the C70 as it exists today will not be built after 2013? Has anyone heard about any plans for a new or replacment convertible? It is hard to imagine one being a whole lot better than the 2012 C70!
You must register to gain posting privileges.

Re: New/Redesigned 2014 Volvo Convertible??? 2 years 3 months ago #402

• c_long20
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 8
Depending on the exchange rate, Volvo loses between 500 and 1500 dollars on each C70 sold in the US. Not only that, they are leaving the P1 platform and introducing a brand new platform in 2015 starting with the XC90. We may see one in 16 or 17. Gonna be a bit before we get a new C70. Btw, you need to get the polestar upgrade for that C70 when you get a chance. It really wakes it up performance wise.
The following user(s) said Thank You: JVFIORE1

Re: New/Redesigned 2014 Volvo Convertible??? 2 years 3 months ago #404

• JVFIORE1
  • Fresh Boarder
Well, I guess all of the C70 owners will be happy that they purchased this great car while they could, huh? Perhaps there will be another hard top convertible down the line, I'm certainly not in the market for one any time soon. In a way, it is too bad, because the 2012 C70 is the best hard top convertible out there when all things are considered. Thanks for the information on Polestar, a friend of mine who is a big Volvo enthusiast suggested the same thing. Now, once I get some extra $$ (a bonus or something else??), I will have the Polestar performance upgrade installed. Can the dealer do it?

Re: New/Redesigned 2014 Volvo Convertible??? 1 year 2 months ago #715

• PMossberg
  • Fresh Boarder
I believe the Polestar software upgrade is only available though Volvo dealers.

IPD has their own upgrade, several hundred dollars cheaper, and they claim higher horsepower and torque increases than Polestar.

Re: New/Redesigned 2014 Volvo Convertible??? 1 year 2 months ago #718

• JVFIORE1
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks. I have a dealer looking into prices for the Polestar upgrade and if any discounts can be applied to the cost. Thanks for IPD info, there are also upgrades from Shark Performance and Euro Sport (they were at the Carlisle, PA Import Car show this year -May18).

Re: New/Redesigned 2014 Volvo Convertible??? 1 year 2 months ago #719

• PMossberg
  • Fresh Boarder
Service managers at Brown Daub Volvo in Nazareth PA said they have done a few Polestar upgrades, all with VERY happy customers.

What kind of increases do Shark Performance and Euro Sport claim?
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.277 seconds

We have 216 guests and no members online

You are here: Home Forum FWD & AWD Forums C70 (2006-Current) New/Redesigned 2014 Volvo Convertible???