Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: tire noise on C-70

tire noise on C-70 10 months 1 week ago #848

• Bosworth
  • Fresh Boarder
I bought a 2008 C-70 w/10,078 miles on it , this month 2 years ago. I now have about 31,000 miles, and the tire noise on this vehicle has been bad since the day I first drove it. Have rotated and balanced, but no improvemet. My tires are EOM Michlien all season. I have a friend w/a C-70 also, one year newer, and she has the same problem, w/different tires. I want to replace the tires, but all the reviews I read include some w/loud tire noise. Anybody have a C-70 w/quiet tires, and if so, what the hell are they?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: tire noise on C-70 10 months 1 week ago #850

• gdill3
  • Thank you received: 30
Bosworth wrote:
I bought a 2008 C-70 w/10,078 miles on it , this month 2 years ago. I now have about 31,000 miles, and the tire noise on this vehicle has been bad since the day I first drove it. Have rotated and balanced, but no improvemet. My tires are EOM Michlien all season. I have a friend w/a C-70 also, one year newer, and she has the same problem, w/different tires. I want to replace the tires, but all the reviews I read include some w/loud tire noise. Anybody have a C-70 w/quiet tires, and if so, what the hell are they?

Welcome to the Forum, Dan.

It appears your C70 is among many with tire noise being a common owner complaint.

Some of this may be attributed to the "sporty" suspension by design.

The OE tires on my '09 Forester were very noisy so I went with the top-rated Michelin Primacy MXV4 as the ratings indicated a quiet ride.

These Michelins are indeed quieter than the OE Bridgestones but recent reviews by actual owners don't find the Michelins as quiet as "promoted" - expensive, too.

Having done huge googling on this subject I agree with you that if there be a quiet tire out there it appears everybody is being very quiet about it!

George Dill
Last Edit: 10 months 1 week ago by gdill3.

Re: tire noise on C-70 9 months 2 days ago #937

• Bosworth
  • Fresh Boarder
In regards to tire noise on my C-70...decided on new tires, and when I had them installed, I decided to have the car re-aligned. To my surprise the rear end could not be done, until after market arms were installed so the rear tires could be adjusted. Factory parts are not adjustable, and the tires are toed in, thus the excessive wear that caused the really bad tire noise. It cost me approx. $375, but it was worth it.....right now I feel like I am driving a different car...QUIET, QUIET, QUIET! I love my C-70 again....

tire noise on C-70 9 months 2 days ago #938

• Bosworth
  • Fresh Boarder
I forgot to say the tire I put on were top of the line Goodyear, and they are great.
Time to create page: 0.266 seconds

We have 125 guests and no members online