Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: wind blocker help

wind blocker help 2 years 5 months ago #365

• Valentine
  • Fresh Boarder
HELP NEEDED

I am the proud owner of a Wind Blocker for my 2011 C70. It works great! I am baffled however. How/where do you store it in the car? The owners manual says;

- "When not in use, the wind blocker should be stored in its bag, in the trunk, against the rear seat backrest" -

I do not understand this instruction. I see no place to store it that does not interfere with the folded hardtop. Likewise, I see nothing to hold it in place. Does anyone have any advice? Pictures would be helpful.
You must register to gain posting privileges.

Re: wind blocker help 2 years 5 months ago #366

• gdill3
  • Thank you received: 31
Valentine wrote:
HELP NEEDED

I am the proud owner of a Wind Blocker for my 2011 C70. It works great! I am baffled however. How/where do you store it in the car? The owners manual says;

- "When not in use, the wind blocker should be stored in its bag, in the trunk, against the rear seat backrest" -

I do not understand this instruction. I see no place to store it that does not interfere with the folded hardtop. Likewise, I see nothing to hold it in place. Does anyone have any advice? Pictures would be helpful.

Another warm welcome to the VCOA Volvo Forum, Darlene.

And another reminder to consider a fun foray in your C70 convertible to sunny St. Louis early June this.

For sure another C70 Lover in St. Looee would share her wind blocker storage secrets but meanwhile this from the www...
Push the Wind Blocker screen back so that it's 'flush' with the rear seat/cargo cover. Remove the Wind Blocker from the car (slide the 2 sleeves towards the middle of the car) and pull up, be careful of the 2 metal tabs that slip into the rear headrests.

Flip the Wind Blocker over. There's a yellow 'finger pull' next to the driver's (right) side 'slider'. Pull this and you'll disengage the wind blocker screen from the rear seat/cargo cover. Wind blocker screen folds in half one way....rear seat/cargo cover folds in half the other way. You can then fold it up and put it in its case and into the trunk. Make sure you store it underneath the plastic luggage protector...NOT ON TOP.

If you put it (or anything else FTM) on top of your "closed and latched" luggage protector...and then open the roof - this stuff will be crushed...and you might damage the roof mechanism.

www.automotiveaddicts.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/2011-volvo-c70-trunk-2.jpg

www.automotiveaddicts.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/2011-volvo-c70-trunk-1.jpg

www.automotiveaddicts.com/13649/2011-volvo-c70-review-test-drive

George Dill

PS: Your "...I am baffled however..." is a marvelous reverse double entendre given the subject of your post!

Re: wind blocker help 2 years 5 months ago #367

• Valentine
  • Fresh Boarder
I am still "baffled" by the instruction "--, against the rear seat backrest --". to what does this refer ? It doesn't seem to refer to the trunk space below the lugggage protected space. I am still confused, i.e. baffled.

Re: wind blocker help 2 years 5 months ago #368

• gdill3
  • Thank you received: 31
Valentine wrote:
I am still "baffled" by the instruction "--, against the rear seat backrest --". to what does this refer ? It doesn't seem to refer to the trunk space below the lugggage protected space. I am still confused, i.e. baffled.

The properly-folded and encased wind deflector stores in the trunk in the luggage area below the luggage protector which you see in the picture being held up by the lady's hand...

blogs.cars.com/photos/uncategorized/2008/09/15/trunk2.gif

The wind blocker (deflector) is easier to store in the trunk when the hardtop is "UP".

George Dill

Re: wind blocker help 2 years 5 months ago #373

• c_long20
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 8
It goes in the lower part of the cargo area. That is the only place I ever put them. When it's folded up and in the storage bag, placed it gently in the indention of the lower trunk portion. If needed remove the small cover at the rear. I took the liberty of highlighting someone else's picture.

Trunk.jpg
The following user(s) said Thank You: Valentine
Time to create page: 0.265 seconds

We have 321 guests and no members online