Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Ocassional road noise 40 - 60 MPH

Ocassional road noise 40 - 60 MPH 3 years 1 month ago #16

My 2008 S 80 has 13800+ miles on it. The noise started around the 1st of the year (2011) and has not occurred during the 2 drives with the Volvo service reps. They have assured me they have checked wheel bearings ect and can't find any problems. I'm being told that since they can't hear the noise there isn't a problem. When it does occur it's a loud steady humming noise. If I shift into neutral and rev the engine or change lanes the tone / pitch of the noise stays the same. If I stop and start up again the noise is goes away. It takes about a 15 + mile drive before the noise starts. I have rolled down the windows to see if I could tell which side it's coming from. No luck. One of the last times it happened I did sense a burning odor form the rear wheel drivers side. may have been from the brakes.
Has anyone had this problem and what was the solution.
Thanks in advance for you thoughts
You must register to gain posting privileges.

Re: Ocassional road noise 40 - 60 MPH 3 years 1 month ago #19

• KK850R
  • Fresh Boarder
I'm guessing it's the brake pads. clean the pads and apply anti brake noise grease to the pads where they

contact the caliper. Good idea to chamfer the leading edge of the lining as well.
You must register to gain posting privileges.
Time to create page: 0.250 seconds

We have 64 guests and no members online

You are here: Home Forum FWD & AWD Forums S80 (2007-Current) Ocassional road noise 40 - 60 MPH