Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Discussion area for "Valps"?

Discussion area for "Valps"? 2 years 6 months ago #383

• willyjp
  • Fresh Boarder
I've owned many Volvos, starting with an 1800 received on Factory Delivery in 1966 and ending with a wonderful '05 V70R, also delivered at the factory for an "R Tour". Presently, I'm unaccountably drawn to the "Valp" in it's several versions (C303-4, other Volvo "terrängbil" if there are any). I have looked at a few in Sweden (hopeless derelicts), and seen a few advertised in the US (some pimped beyond recognition!), but I don't know much about this creature.

I know it has (in at least some versions), very expensive and hard to source geared hubs. I've heard that at least some had a part alloy upper body, and I've got the idea that the later 6 cylinder models are much more desirable, as the original (B18?) fours are somewhat underpowered for the amount of vehicle they're pulling around. But I'd really like to learn more about this exotic subspecies, preferably from folks who've had some hands on experience and aren't trying to sell me what they have today! Surely, there must be SOME VCOA members out there who fit that description. I"d love to chat with you if you do! Bill Prendergast. Portland, OR
You must register to gain posting privileges.
Time to create page: 0.854 seconds

We have 67 guests and no members online

You are here: Home Forum Main Forum Suggestion Box Discussion area for "Valps"?