Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Xenon headlights

Xenon headlights 2 years 9 months ago #284

• ElrayoX
  • Fresh Boarder
I have been intrigued by the possibility of retro fitting some xenons to my wife's '06. I have them on my '11 C 30 and they are phenomenal. My question is this . Can the regular headlight housings be retro fitted with the projector assemblies from a donor. If so besides the projector assemblies and the ballasts what else is required. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
You must register to gain posting privileges.

Re: Xenon headlights 2 years 9 months ago #286

• c_long20
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 8
Are you wanting to use a HID kit? Or just get a set of XC90 headlamps that are xenon?

Re: Xenon headlights 2 years 9 months ago #289

• ElrayoX
  • Fresh Boarder
I recently purchased a pair of what appear to be projector beam assemblies on E bay. I haven't received them yet but after looking at the headlight units in my Vadis software there appears to be some proprietary electronics that are different from the standard halogen units. I am wondering if anyone has experience with this type of swap?

Re: Xenon headlights 2 years 9 months ago #291

• gdill3
  • Thank you received: 33
ElrayoX wrote:
I have been intrigued by the possibility of retro fitting some xenons to my wife's '06. I have them on my '11 C 30 and they are phenomenal. My question is this . Can the regular headlight housings be retro fitted with the projector assemblies from a donor. If so besides the projector assemblies and the ballasts what else is required. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Lotsa unhappy campers out on the www complaining about Volvo dealers unwilling/unable to modify the Volvo headlight software to enable full use of the xenon conversion with no warning lights glowing brightly constantly.

The aftermarket has no problem selling you products that may cause problems when you install them in your Volvo.

Your 2006 XC90 is the cut-off year for headlight software as the 2007 is different.

BTAIM, here is a kit that may work...

www.carid.com/2006-volvo-xc90-xenon-hid/notto-hid-kit-344103.html

www.carid.com/2006-volvo-xc90-xenon-hid/notto-hid-kit-344103.html#fullInfoTab

If you install xenon headlights/components please return here with your findings and recommendations.

Thanks.

George Dill
Last Edit: 2 years 9 months ago by gdill3.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ElrayoX
Time to create page: 0.249 seconds

We have 244 guests and no members online