Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: 960 a/c high pressure port

960 a/c high pressure port 1 month 1 week ago #1380

• Sgorbati
  • Fresh Boarder
Can anyone tell me where the port is for the high pressure side on my 960 a/c compressor? I have just replaced my a/c compressor and I need to know where to connect my high pressure side gauge.
I have tries many sites and forums and no one can provide an answer. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Mike S
You must register to gain posting privileges.

960 a/c high pressure port 1 month 6 days ago #1382

• gdill3
  • Thank you received: 32
Sgorbati wrote:
Can anyone tell me where the port is for the high pressure side on my 960 a/c compressor? I have just replaced my a/c compressor and I need to know where to connect my high pressure side gauge.
I have tries many sites and forums and no one can provide an answer. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Mike S

The R134a 960 AC system does not have a high side port on the newer version compressor.

The new/rebuilt compressor that you just installed may have a high side port depending on brand/model/version. This port would be on the compressor body.

Below is a video with more 960 AC info.

George Dill

960 a/c high pressure port 1 month 6 days ago #1383

• Sgorbati
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello George,

Thank you for your information. Could you tell me why (if you know) why Volvo has eliminated the high pressure port. Since I am replacing this a/c compressor, I am concerned about the lack of a high pressure port. High pressure readings are very important on these systems. Professional gauges have high & low pressure readings.
If you have any further information it would be appreciated. Thanks again for your help.

Mike S

960 a/c high pressure port 1 month 6 days ago #1384

• gdill3
  • Thank you received: 32
Sgorbati wrote:
Hello George,

Thank you for your information. Could you tell me why (if you know) why Volvo has eliminated the high pressure port. Since I am replacing this a/c compressor, I am concerned about the lack of a high pressure port. High pressure readings are very important on these systems. Professional gauges have high & low pressure readings.
If you have any further information it would be appreciated. Thanks again for your help.

Mike S

Volvo Special Tool Part Number 9512667 is an adapter which attaches to one of the high side ports and allows the gauges to be attached to the adapter.

This part (about $70) is not available through "normal" Volvo supply channels but your friendly Volvo dealer Parts Manager may be able to find a source.

Another option is to visit a busy and established auto AC shop and raise the hood on the 960 to show what you have in mind.

Odds are the auto AC industry has a solution for this "no high side port" situation.

A few 960 owners have taken their AC compressors to a competent machine shop and had a high side port installed on the high side line near the compressor.

George Dill
Time to create page: 0.250 seconds

We have 214 guests and no members online

You are here: Home Forum RWD Forums 940, 960, S90 & V90 (1990-1998) 960 a/c high pressure port