Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: handling

handling 2 years 10 months ago #185

• cjt122c
  • Fresh Boarder
hi
does any one have any info on uprated shox and anti -roll bars[ sway bars] my v90 needs to handle better my 240glt was a peach , i have uprated performance chips for the motor too
You must register to gain posting privileges.

Re: handling 2 years 10 months ago #189

• gdill3
  • Thank you received: 32
Alan;

What year is your V90 and does it have rear coil springs or a leaf spring?

George Dill

Re: handling 2 years 1 month ago #476

• cjt122c
  • Fresh Boarder
hi it has taken me 9 m0nths to get back on this site,my v90 is a irs car, im interested in towing a car trailer with it but i cant find any uprated rear shox ,or even load adjusters ,airshox??
i have been a volvo owner since 1961,and since then i have towed trailers with all of them ,i bought a v90 as it is the last true volvo,even if the motor was designed by porsche at least it wasnt by ford,,
the stock v90 has a tendancy to pitch from the rear in long turns suggesting its underdamped in rebound, my previous 240glt would kill this on handling but for some reason the us a never imported the best volvo evermade,well not quite as the best was the 360glt,and they didnt import that either
now i have finished my rant can any one help me to find a towing damper /spring set up that i can find

Re: handling 2 years 1 month ago #477

• gdill3
  • Thank you received: 32
cjt122c wrote:
hi it has taken me 9 m0nths to get back on this site,my v90 is a irs car, im interested in towing a car trailer with it but i cant find any uprated rear shox ,or even load adjusters ,airshox??
i have been a volvo owner since 1961,and since then i have towed trailers with all of them ,i bought a v90 as it is the last true volvo,even if the motor was designed by porsche at least it wasnt by ford,,
the stock v90 has a tendancy to pitch from the rear in long turns suggesting its underdamped in rebound, my previous 240glt would kill this on handling but for some reason the us a never imported the best volvo evermade,well not quite as the best was the 360glt,and they didnt import that either
now i have finished my rant can any one help me to find a towing damper /spring set up that i can find

Welcome back, Alan.

Below is a link showing V90 rear suspension components. Copy it into all one line and paste in a new browser.

Scroll through that and share the Volvo part numbers that match your V90's suspension code for rear shocks, springs and bars.

This is the information we need to hook you up with rear suspension components that will allow safe towing for your Volvo.

Thanks.

George Dill

htt
p://ww
w.swedishautopar
ts.co
m/V90/Volvo-V90-suspen
sion-rear.ht
ml
Last Edit: 2 years 1 month ago by gdill3.
Time to create page: 0.246 seconds

We have 143 guests and no members online