Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Suggestions for improving my 1994 940's MPG

Suggestions for improving my 1994 940's MPG 5 months 3 weeks ago #1253

I just got my "new to me" 1994 940 at the end of March and since then it's been getting between 14-15.5 miles per gallon. I'm putting 91 gas in it and not running the air conditioning. It was shutting off while running and refusing to start so my husband just replaced the spark plugs and cables, distributor cap and rotor and said they were all in terrible condition and crumbling. All of those fixes didn't keep it from shutting off so my mechanic replaced the power stage relay and now it runs much better and doesn't shut off. I just got it back so I don't have more recent mpg figures. Can you think of anything else I can do to increase my MPG? What is a 94 940 with 200+ miles supposed to get for gas mileage?

Thanks,

Mary
You must register to gain posting privileges.

Suggestions for improving my 1994 940's MPG 5 months 3 weeks ago #1256

• gdill3
  • Thank you received: 33
DrMeedwards wrote:
I just got my "new to me" 1994 940 at the end of March and since then it's been getting between 14-15.5 miles per gallon. I'm putting 91 gas in it and not running the air conditioning. It was shutting off while running and refusing to start so my husband just replaced the spark plugs and cables, distributor cap and rotor and said they were all in terrible condition and crumbling. All of those fixes didn't keep it from shutting off so my mechanic replaced the power stage relay and now it runs much better and doesn't shut off. I just got it back so I don't have more recent mpg figures. Can you think of anything else I can do to increase my MPG? What is a 94 940 with 200+ miles supposed to get for gas mileage?

Thanks,

Mary

Did you get an OBD read-out from the mechanic?

If so post any codes here.

Volvo says that a brand new 940 should get 20 city and 28 highway but that would be a maximum number methinks.

Share your method of calculating mpg.

Thanks.

George Dill
You must register to gain posting privileges.
Time to create page: 0.242 seconds

We have 179 guests and one member online

• drsegal
You are here: Home Forum RWD Forums 940, 960, S90 & V90 (1990-1998) Suggestions for improving my 1994 940's MPG