Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: VCOA 240 CD-Rom

VCOA 240 CD-Rom 2 years 5 months ago #417

• lotec
  • Fresh Boarder
Thought I would share that I ordered and received the Volvo 240 Technical Publication CD-Rom that was mentioned in the latest ROLLING magazine. It is pretty cool, has the full 240 Parts Manual and all of the green service manuals. (Though I still haven't found the Cruise Control manual)

There are a bunch of other bells & whistles, publicity photos, links to Volvo sites with gear for sale, artwork, "official" parts, etc... (Some of the links are not fully functional yet)

Since the green books are no longer available from Ken Cook, and used ones are hard to find and pricey on eBay and elsewhere, I think the CD-Rom is pretty good. I need to play with it a bit more get more proficient searching and tabbing through the parts book and manuals. Minor negatives are that the security log-in was overly complex and took a while to sort out. (Use the top of the two codes on the sticker inside!) Also, some of the photos are not as clear as the books, and when you go to print pages a big "VOLVO" watermark can make the text hard to see.

If you have any of the vehicles that these CD-Roms are offered for; PV444 through the 850, I think most VCOA members would find this a good asset. For the $45 price I think they are well worth it and I commend the club and Volvo for making them available.
Attachments:
You must register to gain posting privileges.

Re: VCOA 240 CD-Rom 2 years 5 months ago #418

• gdill3
  • Thank you received: 34
lotec wrote:
Thought I would share that I ordered and received the Volvo 240 Technical Publication CD-Rom that was mentioned in the latest ROLLING magazine. It is pretty cool, has the full 240 Parts Manual and all of the green service manuals. (Though I still haven't found the Cruise Control manual)

There are a bunch of other bells & whistles, publicity photos, links to Volvo sites with gear for sale, artwork, "official" parts, etc... (Some of the links are not fully functional yet)

Since the green books are no longer available from Ken Cook, and used ones are hard to find and pricey on eBay and elsewhere, I think the CD-Rom is pretty good. I need to play with it a bit more get more proficient searching and tabbing through the parts book and manuals. Minor negatives are that the security log-in was overly complex and took a while to sort out. (Use the top of the two codes on the sticker inside!) Also, some of the photos are not as clear as the books, and when you go to print pages a big "VOLVO" watermark can make the text hard to see.

If you have any of the vehicles that these CD-Roms are offered for; PV444 through the 850, I think most VCOA members would find this a good asset. For the $45 price I think they are well worth it and I commend the club and Volvo for making them available.

Good show, Arthur - thanks for sharing.

If the CD is missing the CC Green Book just copy the below into all one line and paste into a new browser.

George Dill

htt
p://ww
w.k-jet.o
rg/files/gree
nbooks/TP3
0866-2_cru
ise_control.
pdf
Last Edit: 2 years 5 months ago by gdill3.
You must register to gain posting privileges.
Time to create page: 0.500 seconds

We have 225 guests and no members online