Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Adding tachometer and small clock

Adding tachometer and small clock 2 years 2 months ago #466

I was wondering if anyone has upgraded their standard 240 dash cluster with the addition of the large tachometer and small clock. You can see many of these sets for sale on Ebay. I actually have the set and once tried it on my 1993 240. Everything looked great until I fired it up !!!. The tachometer needle started to move and then I smelled a hot electrical odor. I pulled out the cluster and somehow a burned spot was on the flexible circuit board. I have read that the conversion cannot be done on a 1993 240. Does anyone out there know this to be true? Or has anyone actually performed this upgrade on a 1993 240 with success. I will appreciate all your input.....thank you !!!
You must register to gain posting privileges.

Re: Adding tachometer and small clock 2 years 2 months ago #470

• gdill3
  • Thank you received: 33
raptor2007 wrote:
I was wondering if anyone has upgraded their standard 240 dash cluster with the addition of the large tachometer and small clock. You can see many of these sets for sale on Ebay. I actually have the set and once tried it on my 1993 240. Everything looked great until I fired it up !!!. The tachometer needle started to move and then I smelled a hot electrical odor. I pulled out the cluster and somehow a burned spot was on the flexible circuit board. I have read that the conversion cannot be done on a 1993 240. Does anyone out there know this to be true? Or has anyone actually performed this upgrade on a 1993 240 with success. I will appreciate all your input.....thank you !!!

Welcome to the VCOA Forum, Mark.

"...You can see many of these sets for sale on Ebay..."

Yup, ask yourself "Why so many?"

The last few years of the USA 240 have various ignition systems some of which are not compatible with the early 240 tachs.

Not a few 240 lovers have spent tons of time and dollars trying to make a salvage cluster work properly, tach on no tach.

Given this, below are two links with RELIABLE info and products to meet your desires.

Is your '93 240 automatic?

George Dill

www.davebarton.com/WhiteFaceGauges.html

wagonmeister.com/35.html

Re: Adding tachometer and small clock 2 years 2 months ago #472

Thanks George for your reply. My 240 is automatic. I will look at both of the links.

Thanks again,
Mark
Time to create page: 0.251 seconds

We have 118 guests and one member online

• dgseadog
You are here: Home Forum RWD Forums 240, 242, 244 & 245 (1974-1993) Adding tachometer and small clock