Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Virgo Wheels

Virgo Wheels 2 years 5 months ago #321

• Gold164E
  • Fresh Boarder
Finally made a decision to pick up Virgos for the 164. Anyone know if I will need different lug nuts for these wheels and needing 2 center caps...if anyone has any for sale. I will keep current stock suspension. Anyone have suggestions on tire size without having to make modifications to car? Lastly, anyone know of a good bulk supplier for trim clips, as I am having car resprayed.

Always appreciate any comments and suggestions.

Thanks,

Jose
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Virgo Wheels 2 years 5 months ago #322

• brick-a-brac
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 5
There are specific lugs for Virgos and good used ones show up for sale all the time.

As for tire size, 205/60/15, though you may be able to get away with a taller tire, as you will be keeping the stock suspension and you don't want to have that 4x4 appearance.

The trim clips are available everywhere: at VP Auto Parts, for instance

Post some pictures when you have a chance.

Re: Virgo Wheels 2 years 5 months ago #323

• Gold164E
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks for the response!

I will have to start searching for the lugnuts and 2 more center caps. Any idea what these lugnuts are called?

As for pictures, I will post when I get a chance and figure out how to do so. This has been a fun project but finding quality parts has been a real challenge. Will post again when completed.
Thanks,
Jose

Re: Virgo Wheels 2 years 5 months ago #324

• gdill3
  • Thank you received: 29
Gold164E wrote:
Finally made a decision to pick up Virgos for the 164. Anyone know if I will need different lug nuts for these wheels and needing 2 center caps...if anyone has any for sale. I will keep current stock suspension. Anyone have suggestions on tire size without having to make modifications to car? Lastly, anyone know of a good bulk supplier for trim clips, as I am having car resprayed.

Always appreciate any comments and suggestions.

Thanks,

Jose

The Virgo wheel will fit your '73 164 just fine but the wheel/tire will "stick out" about 1/2" more than the stock setup due to offset.

The stock 164 lug nut will work ok but it will not be easy to get the threads started as the Virgo lug nut is longer.

Tires - nothing larger than 205-60-15. Bigger/wider and the rears will rub on rebound and the front on full steering lock.

The center cap part number is 1272604.

The Virgo lug nut part number is 1272648.

Both are available new and very $$$$.

To post pictures first save them on your system using the jpg format and short names then sign up on a pic hosting site and follow the instructions...

www.flickr.com/

photobucket.com/

George Dill

Posting Images 2 years 5 months ago #325

• tailfin
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 4
Just a note on posting images in the forum.

You can easily embed your images directly into your post by clicking the Attachments: Add File button below the Message editor area.

Remember - images can be no larger than 800 pixels on either side and no larger than 150KB in file size.

If you do not have image processing on your computer, we have provided a means to resize images on this site. Navigate to Community/Image Editor, upload your image/s, resize to the above specs and save to your computer. Then click the Add File button and upload with your post. That's all there is to it.

Enjoy!
I want to die like my Grandfather did, peacefully in his sleep.
Not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car.
Last Edit: 2 years 5 months ago by tailfin.
Time to create page: 0.312 seconds

We have 60 guests and one member online

• Dansblk01XC