Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Guess I should introduce myself

Guess I should introduce myself 1 year 5 months ago #710

• Davem311
  • Fresh Boarder
Hey Group
Just bought a mint condition 164E I owned one of these 30 years ago and the rust bunny got it. At 25 I couldn't afford to fix it. I am now no stranger to vintage cars. A TR4A couple of Datsun roadsters you get good at these.
The 164E I just bought has 79000 miles on it. I contacted the previous owners (not the guy I bought it from) and it is correct. No rust at all. I expect a shake down time to expell the Gremlins.
Hope to get to know you all
Dave
You must register to gain posting privileges.

Re: Guess I should introduce myself 1 year 5 months ago #711

• gdill3
  • Thank you received: 33
Davem311 wrote:
Hey Group
Just bought a mint condition 164E I owned one of these 30 years ago and the rust bunny got it. At 25 I couldn't afford to fix it. I am now no stranger to vintage cars. A TR4A couple of Datsun roadsters you get good at these.
The 164E I just bought has 79000 miles on it. I contacted the previous owners (not the guy I bought it from) and it is correct. No rust at all. I expect a shake down time to expell the Gremlins.
Hope to get to know you all
Dave

Welcome to the forum, Dave.

Share the Y/M and some more history on your 164E along with a pic or three.

Thanks.

George Dill

Re: Guess I should introduce myself 1 year 4 months ago #713

• Gold164E
  • Fresh Boarder
Hey Dave,

Love to see it. I have a 73 164. In fact, someone here at VCOA put the picture on the web site when you log in. I am now switching the engines and rebuilding the one that will be taken out. I drive it almost every day, when not traveling.
I too have foglights that I am thinking about putting in. They are original stock Hellas and will have to relo horn. I believe that US models never came with them but the horns are mounted below the lights in that same cavity.

I too owned 2 164's back about 25 years ago and now have the money to fix so I am looking to fully restore the car. Almost there.

Jose
Time to create page: 0.238 seconds

We have 101 guests and no members online

You are here: Home Forum RWD Forums 142, 144, 145 & 164 (1966-1975) Guess I should introduce myself