Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: restoration and servicing questions - backup light switch installation

restoration and servicing questions - backup light switch installation 4 months 4 days ago #1043

• jspira
  • Fresh Boarder
can anyone tell me where to install the backup light switch on a '64 544 B18 with M-40 transmission I've looked through all the documentation I have and can't determine how or where the switch is installed.
Last Edit: 4 months 4 days ago by jspira.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

restoration and servicing questions - backup light switch installation 4 months 3 days ago #1048

• gdill3
  • Thank you received: 23
jspira wrote:
can anyone tell me where to install the backup light switch on a '64 544 B18 with M-40 transmission I've looked through all the documentation I have and can't determine how or where the switch is installed.

Yes...

tinyurl.com/n5psf2z

The switch is a single-post item enclosed in a hard plastic housing that fits into the hole on the top-rear of the transmission. When the shifter is moved to reverse the rod inside the tranny makes contact with the switch and energizes the reverse lights. This switch may be very difficult to install with the tranny in place.

George Dill

ovtuners.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=5971
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.257 seconds

We have 481 guests and no members online

You are here: Home Forum RWD Forums PV 444 / 544 restoration and servicing questions - backup light switch installation