Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Weber 45 DCOE Setups

Weber 45 DCOE Setups 6 months 4 days ago #1162

Hi,

Looking for recommendations for Weber 45 DCOE tuning setups for a 2.2 liter B20.

Mark
You must register to gain posting privileges.

Weber 45 DCOE Setups 6 months 4 days ago #1165

• gdill3
  • Thank you received: 32
Mark_Snelgrove wrote:
Hi,

Looking for recommendations for Weber 45 DCOE tuning setups for a 2.2 liter B20.

Mark

The key word for this subject is "Singher" as in Phil.

The first link below is Phil discussing his B20 build and Weber 45 install/tune.

The other links are must-read in that they have detailed discussion re jetting per given engine mods (cam, header, displacement, etc.).

Remember that not all on the web(er) is fact (including this post?) so digest the whole mess before making big money/mods decisions.

My personal experiences with a B20 Weber was on a '67 Kombi back in '78. The big no-no is running too rich in any jet at any rpm.

Keep us posted on your progress.

Thanks.

George Dill

www.vclassics.com/mppe1.html

www.brickboard.com/RWD/index.htm?id=1332099&show_all=1

www.turbobricks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=272628

www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=152902

Weber 45 DCOE Setups 6 months 4 days ago #1167

Stellar batch of links. Once I get my radiator back in I will commence the tinkering. I know for sure that they are running rich given that the new plugs I put in went black after only a few miles of driving.

Weber 45 DCOE Setups 6 months 3 days ago #1169

• gdill3
  • Thank you received: 32
Mark_Snelgrove wrote:
Stellar batch of links. Once I get my radiator back in I will commence the tinkering. I know for sure that they are running rich given that the new plugs I put in went black after only a few miles of driving.

Does your Weber setup have preheat connections? If so what route/direction does the coolant flow?

George Dill

Weber 45 DCOE Setups 6 months 3 days ago #1175

I do not believe so. If it does it is not hooked up. These look to be an old(isn) italian pair.

They contain:
Main venturi: 34
Main jets: 125
Emulsion tubes: F9
Air corrector: 200
Pump jets: 45
Idle jets: 45/F19

I feel I need to find out what cam shaft I have. I was told by the seller that it is a "performance" cam, but this needs to be verified.
Attachments:

Weber 45 DCOE Setups 5 months 1 week ago #1227

Well,

I added a fuel regulator to the system as well as a gauge. Hitting around 3psi now. Some folks recommend 4.

I have adjusted my ignition timing. I was running 10 past TDC, and now have it a 16 pre TDC It now runs better at idle, keeps cool, and runs a hell of a lot better in general. I have left all the current jets in there, and have made a few adjustments. Idle jets are 2 turns out. So for so good.

Now I am moving onto adjusting the valves. The Haynes manual has a number of settings for the various versions of the B20. Given that I am running these Webers on a 2.2l engine. I am unsure as to which valve settings to use.

Mark
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.265 seconds

We have 160 guests and one member online

• Fvanvorce
You are here: Home Forum RWD Forums Pushrod Performance Forum Weber 45 DCOE Setups