Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: S60 R differences

S60 R differences 1 year 1 week ago #994

• fierogtv6
  • Fresh Boarder
Looking at possibly getting an S60R (previous generation); more specifically an 04 or an 05. Are there any years that are better than others or years to avoid? Any input would be appreciated
You must register to gain posting privileges.

S60 R differences 1 year 1 week ago #995

• gdill3
  • Thank you received: 34
fierogtv6 wrote:
Looking at possibly getting an S60R (previous generation); more specifically an 04 or an 05. Are there any years that are better than others or years to avoid? Any input would be appreciated

Your user name reminds me of flames!

The last gen Fiero V6 was an ok car. Where DID they all go?

Volvo S60R and V70R - hot rides indeed.

Below are some links with R info. The most difficult aspect of ownership appears to be the great difficulty encountered by do-it-yourselfers. The electrics (computers) are accessible only with special equipment. The caRs are known to eat angle gears - an expensive repair.

Finding a needs-nothing R with low miles and all maintenance/repairs in order will be a challenge indeed. Few R owners baby their cars (as it should be).

Share the info link on any car you have in mind so we can offer encouragement.

Thanks.

George Dill

tinyurl.com/lsge6no

tinyurl.com/mgvlucx

S60 R differences 1 year 1 week ago #997

• fierogtv6
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks George. As far as I remember, the V6 never really earned the fire-rep, it got painted with a wide brush thanks to the 4 cylinder. As far as where they've gone, there's an '88 GT 5 speed in my garage now :)
I appreciate the links, it's a little overwhelming, almost like a laundry list to be on the lookout for. Yikes. Looks like I'll have to spend a good amount of time on pre-purchase inspection.

S60 R differences 9 months 4 weeks ago #1100

• inteller
  • Fresh Boarder
06 is the best year. Best because you can still get laminated glass in the Convienence Package. Also best because they switched to the TF-80SC Geartronic and strengthened the collar gear.
Time to create page: 0.786 seconds

We have 103 guests and no members online

You are here: Home Forum FWD & AWD Forums R Forum S60 R differences