Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Newbie at the wheel

Newbie at the wheel 1 year 11 months ago #453

• ChefAaron
  • Fresh Boarder
well I finally did it,... I pulled the Trigger on a 67 P1800 yesterday.
After lazily browsing the other night through different adds for a Myriad of cars as I do often I cam across this one,. it seemed too good to be true,. I thought I had to call on this one and ask about a car I don't even know that well, I was in the middle of negotiations for a 67 T34 needing full restore. but after a couple leanthy phone calls to the then owner of the 67 P1800 I was pretty much sold,
this is a Ca. car and was in the North East part of the state in storage for a good leanthy piece of time. A fireman from Northern Ca purchased it and begun his summer project to do a decent Mechanical restore. the rest os history,
Not a lick of rust on her,.. the interior is in very decent shape, I do Travel quite a bit but call San Diego home,.. me and the car will not likely be there until winter. SO I may need some assistance in the North Bay area for some minor fixes. Drive shaft mount..... carb sync,.. stuff like that.
my back ground is in European Motorcycle/s and Scooters from the 50's and 60's
I will build a profile here within the next couple days.
Attachments:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Newbie at the wheel 1 year 11 months ago #455

• gdill3
  • Thank you received: 29
ChefAaron wrote:
well I finally did it,... I pulled the Trigger on a 67 P1800 yesterday.
After lazily browsing the other night through different adds for a Myriad of cars as I do often I came across this one,. it seemed too good to be true,. I thought I had to call on this one and ask about a car I don't even know that well, I was in the middle of negotiations for a 67 T34 needing full restore. but after a couple lengthy phone calls to the then owner of the 67 P1800 I was pretty much sold,
this is a Ca. car and was in the North East part of the state in storage for a good lengthy piece of time. A fireman from Northern Ca purchased it and begun his summer project to do a decent Mechanical restore. the rest is history,
Not a lick of rust on her,.. the interior is in very decent shape, I do Travel quite a bit but call San Diego home,.. me and the car will not likely be there until winter. SO I may need some assistance in the North Bay area for some minor fixes. Drive shaft mount..... carb sync,.. stuff like that.
my back ground is in European Motorcycle/s and Scooters from the 50's and 60's
I will build a profile here within the next couple days.

Welvome to the Forum, Aaron.

Very nice '67 P1800 (1800S?).

Consider starting a new thread here...

www.vcoa.org/forum/9-P1800-1800S-1800EES

...so we can get the ball rolling on the car's needs and wants.

Thanks.

George Dill
Last Edit: 1 year 11 months ago by gdill3.

Re: Newbie at the wheel 1 year 11 months ago #459

• brick-a-brac
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 5
Ask and ye shall receive ...

Nice find. You may want to check with Mike Dudek at iRoll Motors www.irollmotors.com -- he is in California and may be able to help.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ChefAaron

Re: Newbie at the wheel 1 year 9 months ago #497

• ChefAaron
  • Fresh Boarder
I have had the car for a couple months now,.. I am running into all sorts of bad luck with repairs and certain shops Just North of Petaluma that say they specialize in these old cars.

I am wondering if there are any regular P1800 meet ups or cruise nights anyplace from SF to North bay??

I am getting close to just placing a "FOR SALE" sign on my P1800S and cutting my losses.

Re: Newbie at the wheel 1 year 9 months ago #501

• brick-a-brac
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 5
What sorts of problems are you running into?

Re: Newbie at the wheel 1 year 9 months ago #502

• ChefAaron
  • Fresh Boarder
mainly its a communication issue, I take the car to a local shop that had a mechanic recommended to me, tell them I have a new acquisition that had sat for a while then flipped into my possession, I am put in touch with the Mechanic that had been recommended to me, tell him everything, then build a work plan for the car, and then find out that mechanic is not working on the car and much of my instruction had been lost in the communication. it went on and on for 4 weeks and then the bill came in at more than I had paid for the car. and with all of the things NOT done that it definitely needed. not to mention the car did not even receive a tune up in all of this.

SO now I had to go to other shops to have work done,.. and a few of the repairs done by the above shop is having to be re-visited and re-done. the dollars are draining fast and I am still not confident that I have the right people on the job..

but my main deal is I would like to see and interact with other P 1800s owners to learn and make better decisions on what to do in the future with this car. I think I would be less apprehensive with this cars future.
Time to create page: 0.277 seconds

We have 83 guests and one member online

• dwineguy
You are here: Home Forum RWD Forums P1800, 1800S, 1800E/ES Newbie at the wheel