Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Vacuum lines, PCV lines

Vacuum lines, PCV lines 10 months 1 week ago #955

• DavidP
  • Fresh Boarder
I am restoring a 1966 1800 S. There was an engine fire about 27 years ago & I don't remember where all the hoses (flamable) go. (I don't remember what I had for dinner last night either but that is another subject). If anyone can send me a picture of the engine compartment or tell me where I can find one I would appreciate. The car has SU carbs.
You must register to gain posting privileges.

Vacuum lines, PCV lines 10 months 1 week ago #956

• gdill3
  • Thank you received: 32
DavidP wrote:
I am restoring a 1966 1800 S. There was an engine fire about 27 years ago & I don't remember where all the hoses (flamable) go. (I don't remember what I had for dinner last night either but that is another subject). If anyone can send me a picture of the engine compartment or tell me where I can find one I would appreciate. The car has SU carbs.

Welcome to the Forum, David.

Before I forget, here is a link with documents for everything Volvo 1800...

tinyurl.com/3rwjqum

...and don't forget to save a copy of every download.

Best I remember on my long-gone '68 1800S the brake booster (if any) had a major vacuum line to the intake manifold but your '66 original PCV system may have a junction in the booster vacuum line.

Looking here...

tinyurl.com/l79stnf

...on Pages 11, 12 and subsequent we see pictures of the B18D engine with attached accessories and connections. More detailed descriptions and pictures are found in following chapters.

If your car is 1966 OE and stock the PCV system hoses have a certain configuration and connections including a specific PCV valve. Get these hookups in the right place and the car will run perfectly to include easy-to-tune carb settings.

Let us know how you progress unless you forget your password as then you'll need to enter what items you ate for breakfast to get a new password.

George Dill

Vacuum lines, PCV lines 10 months 1 week ago #957

• DavidP
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks. All I need to do now is find a Y connector and the hose from the oil filler to the carb. The new brake booster has some info but not specific for the car. It will be a few weeks before I get to the engine so I'll send a post when I am done.
Time to create page: 0.272 seconds

We have 132 guests and no members online

You are here: Home Forum RWD Forums P1800, 1800S, 1800E/ES Vacuum lines, PCV lines