Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Exhaust Pipe Confusion

Exhaust Pipe Confusion 11 months 2 weeks ago #1015

• harveyk
  • Fresh Boarder
Greetings All! My 1966 1800s(ch#19238) has the induction manifold & a separate exhaust manifold with a single flange out. When I looked up the part number in the Volvo parts catalogue for the single exhaust pipe my chassis number is not included. It shows the single pipe for up to chassis #16499. Fig.#2 is a dual flange for chassis 16500-. The best I can see from the catalogue there is only one exhaust manifold (single flange) listed. Is my car screwed up or is that typical? Also, who is the best source for the single? I didn't see any listed at iroll or ipd.
You must register to gain posting privileges.

Exhaust Pipe Confusion 11 months 2 weeks ago #1016

• gdill3
  • Thank you received: 34
harveyk wrote:
Greetings All! My 1966 1800s(ch#19238) has the induction manifold & a separate exhaust manifold with a single flange out. When I looked up the part number in the Volvo parts catalogue for the single exhaust pipe my chassis number is not included. It shows the single pipe for up to chassis #16499. Fig.#2 is a dual flange for chassis 16500-. The best I can see from the catalogue there is only one exhaust manifold (single flange) listed. Is my car screwed up or is that typical? Also, who is the best source for the single? I didn't see any listed at iroll or ipd.

Are you seeking a new exhaust manifold or a new exhaust header pipe or a new exhaust system?

If you want a single-outlet exhaust manifold a used unit may be the best bet.

If you want a single-inlet header pipe and/or exhaust pipes new units are available.

Most B18 owners switch their cars over to the dual-outlet exhaust manifold and header pipe using used units.

Share exactly which items you seek and we will go shopping.

George Dill

Exhaust Pipe Confusion 11 months 2 weeks ago #1017

• harveyk
  • Fresh Boarder

Here's the parts I purchased quite a few years ago from foreign autotech(iroll now). It appears to me I should switch the manifold to dual considering I have everything else for dual. Is that available without changing the intake manifold too?
Last Edit: 11 months 2 weeks ago by harveyk.

Exhaust Pipe Confusion 11 months 2 weeks ago #1018

• gdill3
harveyk wrote:

Here's the parts I purchased quite a few years ago from foreign autotech(iroll now). It appears to me I should switch the manifold to dual considering I have everything else for dual. Is that available without changing the intake manifold too?

Yes, since your car has the separate intake manifold.

Here is the gentleman you need to chat with on the dual-outlet exhaust manifold...
mrains wrote:
Well I purchased a nice, used dual ported exhaust manifold and getting ready to install noticed that the mounting flange to head is thicker by about .20" than old one and to be reused intake manifold. Seems like the likely fix is to have a machinist take that thickness off so it matches up with the intake manifold thickness and for the shared bolts/washers. Is this right or is there another way?

George Dill
The following user(s) said Thank You: harveyk

Exhaust Pipe Confusion 11 months 2 weeks ago #1019

• harveyk
  • Fresh Boarder
how would I contact mrains?

Exhaust Pipe Confusion 11 months 2 weeks ago #1020

• gdill3
harveyk wrote:
how would I contact mrains?

Looking his Profile Page...

www.vcoa.org/index.php/forum/profile/8869-mrains

...we see in the upper-right area "Send a Message".

When he next logs on he should see "New Private Message" and respond.

Do you have a recent copy of ROLLING?

George Dill
Time to create page: 0.589 seconds

We have 187 guests and no members online

You are here: Home Forum RWD Forums P1800, 1800S, 1800E/ES Exhaust Pipe Confusion