Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Wire Harness

Wire Harness 3 months 4 days ago #1254

• harveyk
  • Fresh Boarder
Greetings All!, the restorer I'm using suggested I check availability on new wire harnesses to avoid tracking down any electrical glitches . Except for the rotten cloth wrapping the wires themselves appear to be flexible with no visible cracks or bare spots. They are 47 years old though ('66 1800S). Any suggestions? Can they be tested and re-wrapped? Second question: I forgot how to remove the clutch fork! Is that a hex key in the center? I'm hoping by the end of May my car will be at his shop and on his rotisserie. The cross member is all repaired with re-enforced shock towers.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Wire Harness 3 months 4 days ago #1255

• gdill3
  • Thank you received: 30
harveyk wrote:
Greetings All!, the restorer I'm using suggested I check availability on new wire harnesses to avoid tracking down any electrical glitches . Except for the rotten cloth wrapping the wires themselves appear to be flexible with no visible cracks or bare spots. They are 47 years old though ('66 1800S). Any suggestions? Can they be tested and re-wrapped? Second question: I forgot how to remove the clutch fork! Is that a hex key in the center? I'm hoping by the end of May my car will be at his shop and on his rotisserie. The cross member is all repaired with re-enforced shock towers.

Lookin' good!

The new 1800 harnesses are $$$ and are not specific to any certain Year/Model which means you would need to do your own routing and connections.

Your existing harness/wires can easily be tested with a 12v source and volt meter.

Wiring looms are very inexpensive and can be had in many colors, diameters and designs.

Clutch fork - download/save all that apply to your '66 1800S...

tinyurl.com/3rwjqum

Did you get all the exhaust stuff on-hand?

George Dill

Wire Harness 3 months 3 days ago #1257

• harveyk
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks George! I did indeed get the parts.
Time to create page: 0.630 seconds

We have 216 guests and one member online

• smfree