Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Volvo Car Meet in Marble Falls, Texas, Saturday, October 17, 2015.

Volvo Car Meet in Marble Falls, Texas, Saturday, October 17, 2015. 1 year 8 months ago #1994

• gdill3
  • Thank you received: 78
Volvo Car Meet in Marble Falls, Texas, Saturday, October 17, 2015.

So I’m checking my email recently and…

--
Hi George,
I’m Jedd Hebrink, and I live in Wimberley, TX. I am a Volvo enthusiast, and I would really like to meet you and others at the next Volvo function in Temple, or anywhere in Central Texas. Are there plans for another meet similar to the October 2014 meet?
I have a 1967 Amazon Kombi. Bought it in January up in North Austin. This is the car that was on Bring-A-Trailer and eBay and other places over the least year or so. It came from Iowa.
Hope to get a chance to connect with you. I would rally value your advice, as I can see you know your way around Volvos!
Thank you,
Jedd Hebrink
--

“Are there any plans…?”

No, there were no plans until Jedd stirred things up so now…

Volvo Car Meet in Marble Falls, Texas, Saturday, October 17, 2015.

Open to all interested parties, free and no RSVP needed.

This Volvo Car Meet will be held at Pavilion Two (near the public boat ramp) in Johnson Park from 8AM to 6PM (rain or shine) and is alcohol-free and smoke-free. Volvo parking will be in the rectangular parking area near Pavilion Two. After reading all the City Park ordinances I see we also can’t park vehicles on the grass, make loud noises or import glass containers. If you are blessed with a Volvo of useable horsepower and supreme handling just roll into town from the northeast on FM 1431 for a safe and legal sprint to the party.

Johnson Park info here…

www.ci.marble-falls.tx.us/185/Johnson-Park

This is yet another unstructured Meet but for those seeking concourse judging and hundreds of Volvos don’t bother to unpack from this Meet just roll on to South Carolina for the really big Volvo Show October 30 to November 1, 2015…

www.hemmings.com/events/detail?listing_id=45344

Johnson Park has all amenities and is walking distance to the famous Blue Bonnet Café…

www.bluebonnetcafe.net/about

…where you willingly destroy your personal well-being with dessert. Oh, yeah – no plastic or checks.

So, what does one do all day at a Volvo Car Meet in central Texas?

Here is a slideshow from the October 2014 Meet in Temple, Texas…

tinyurl.com/phvcnex

…and more Temple pics from TurboBricks…

forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=301320

We will enjoy the company of like-minded Volvo Lovers, swap rare parts and exchange Volvo-related fibs as groups saunter off to the Blue Bonnet for breakfast, lunch, dinner, supper, dessert, etc.

Kids of all ages can enjoy the playground area and (supervised) the creek-side walkway (Texas fishing regulations apply). Johnson Park has a designated leash-free area where canines and husbands can roam about untethered.

I will be overnighting in Marble Falls on Friday, October 16, 2015. Join me at the Blue Bonnet Café about 6PM if you are in town.

Watch this space for updates and more information.

George Dill

254-541-2199 mobile anytime.

End.
You must register to gain posting privileges.

Volvo Car Meet in Marble Falls, Texas, Saturday, October 17, 2015. 1 year 8 months ago #1996

• gdill3
Just reserved the Holiday Inn Express in MF for one night - wooooeeee - this place has been discovered!

If you plan to lodge within 50 miles of Johnson Park set aside at least a C-note.

George Dill

Volvo Car Meet in Marble Falls, Texas, Saturday, October 17, 2015. 1 year 8 months ago #2002

• gdill3
From my email...

I'm looking forward to attending the Volvo gathering in Marble Falls. I'll try to bring a few of my "air-filter conversion kits" in case anyone hasn't seen them on eBay. Also can't wait to undergo some "caloric therapy" at the Bluebonnet Café. Take care, Bill Langdon.
Bill sells his SU air filter kits and here is a discussion and review...

tinyurl.com/lcr55ex

George Dill

PS: If eBay shows "item has ended" just click on "relisted this item".

Volvo Car Meet in Marble Falls, Texas, Saturday, October 17, 2015. 1 year 8 months ago #2003

• gdill3

Volvo Car Meet in Marble Falls, Texas, Saturday, October 17, 2015. 1 year 7 months ago #2005

• gdill3
From my email...
count me in.

Kerry Osterhom

George Dill

Volvo Car Meet in Marble Falls, Texas, Saturday, October 17, 2015. 1 year 7 months ago #2006

• gdill3
From my email...
I will try to attend this year...

Dean Venardos

George Dill
Time to create page: 0.315 seconds

We have 211 guests and one member online

• lorniehaugen
You are here: Home Forum General Discussion Events & Meetings Volvo Car Meet in Marble Falls, Texas, Saturday, October 17, 2015.