Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Volvo Car Lovers Get-Together Saturday October 22 2016 Georgetown Texas

Volvo Car Lovers Get-Together Saturday October 22 2016 Georgetown Texas 10 months 2 days ago #2374

• gdill3
  • Thank you received: 78
Volvo Car Lovers Get-Together Saturday, October 22, 2016, at the Monument Café in Georgetown Texas...

themonumentcafe.com/

This affair is a "GO" rain or shine.

Open to all interested parties irrespective of Volvo ownership and club membership. No RSVP needed - come and go at your convenience. Feast on the finest home-cooked comfort food served by the friendly staff at The Monument Café in downtown Georgetown, Texas, home of the five cleanest private one-holers extant (note to self - edit this before publication).

About 10am we will begin assembling at the (traffic cone-indicated) northwest portion of the café parking lot easily accessed from the intersection of W 5th Street and S Rock Street by driving east on W 5th Street then turning right into the café parking lot just before S Austin Avenue. Saturdays in Georgetown are not left-turn friendly.

Itinerary? We don't need no stinkin' itinerary, eh?

After your first stop at the goldarn arches roll on to the Monument and park your Passion Red 2016 Volvo XC90 T8 Twin Engine Plug-in Hybrid - 7 Passenger R-Design next to that 2016 Volvo S90 and raise the hood (and hatch) for all to go ogle.

As the parking area fills with Volvos old, new and otherwise grab your camera (phone?) and take some pictures and videos. Share all on the web and email the link to me - thanks.

Hungry?

themonumentcafe.com/monumentMenu.pdf

Should you desire more details and updates just watch this space or call.

Thanks.

George Dill

254-541-2199 mobile anytime.
---
You must register to gain posting privileges.

Volvo Car Lovers Get-Together Saturday October 22 2016 Georgetown Texas 10 months 1 day ago #2375

• gdill3
Email from Daryl Anderson in San Antonio, Texas...

"I am looking forward to it George"

Daryl drove his '93 240 to the Meet near Columbus, Texas, last April.

George Dill

Volvo Car Lovers Get-Together Saturday October 22 2016 Georgetown Texas 10 months 22 hours ago #2376

• gdill3
Just received a text from Tom Smith in Graham, Texas. He is enjoying that spectacular Volvo Amazon just purchased from Iowa. This 1966 122S 2-door coupe will be at the meet in Georgetown. Tom and family attended the last Texas meet in Columbus (driving a minivan some 700 miles round-trip) just to ogle some Amazons. He is currently shopping for parts to install an AC in this Volvo. If you have such give Tom a call/email.

Thanks.

George Dill

---
Tom Smith
1326 1st Street
Graham TX 76450

tsingraham at yahoo dot com

940-five-5-zero-4-seven-7-one
---

Volvo Car Lovers Get-Together Saturday October 22 2016 Georgetown Texas 9 months 4 weeks ago #2377

• gdill3
gdill3 wrote:
Just received a text from Tom Smith in Graham, Texas. He is enjoying that spectacular Volvo Amazon just purchased from Iowa. This 1966 122S 2-door coupe will be at the meet in Georgetown. Tom and family attended the last Texas meet in Columbus (driving a minivan some 700 miles round-trip) just to ogle some Amazons. He is currently shopping for parts to install an AC in this Volvo. If you have such give Tom a call/email.

Thanks.

George Dill

---
Tom Smith
1326 1st Street
Graham TX 76450

tsingraham at yahoo dot com

940-five-5-zero-4-seven-7-one
---

Good news!

Tom is now hooked up to Joe Lazenby at Susquehanna Spares...

susquehannaspares.wordpress.com/

Joe is supplying the twin-groove crank pulley and AC idler pulley with bracket - we will see one cool Amazon when Tom rolls in to Georgetown!

George Dill

Volvo Car Lovers Get-Together Saturday October 22 2016 Georgetown Texas 9 months 2 weeks ago #2385

• Lou960
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello George,

I have joined VCOA, and have been working on my 1997 960 sedan. I will be there on 10/22. Is there someone in central Texas who could re-leather the driver's seat? I am doing everything I can myself, but that's not one I can do.

Thanks,

Lou Gloystein
Elgin, TX

Volvo Car Lovers Get-Together Saturday October 22 2016 Georgetown Texas 9 months 2 weeks ago #2386

• gdill3
Lou960 wrote:
Hello George,

I have joined VCOA, and have been working on my 1997 960 sedan. I will be there on 10/22. Is there someone in central Texas who could re-leather the driver's seat? I am doing everything I can myself, but that's not one I can do.

Thanks,

Lou Gloystein
Elgin, TX

Welcome aboard, Lou.

I'll hook up with you via email re the seat redo.

See you in G-town or sooner.

George Dill
Time to create page: 0.354 seconds

We have 213 guests and one member online

• lorniehaugen
You are here: Home Forum General Discussion Events & Meetings Volvo Car Lovers Get-Together Saturday October 22 2016 Georgetown Texas