Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Volvo Branded Bike Carriers

Volvo Branded Bike Carriers 4 weeks 1 day ago #1402

Being an avid bicyclist, I am getting my new V60 with the factory loadbars installed by the dealer. When I inquired with Volvo (on-line) about what carriers will be compatible with the bars (Yakima / Thule) they advised getting the carriers through my dealer and they were branded Volvo but made by Thule. When I asked Thule which models they were making for Volvo (I wanted to compare pricing against non-dealer purchase price) I was told, no they don't make anything for Volvo.

Anyone have any insight on this?
You must register to gain posting privileges.

Volvo Branded Bike Carriers 4 weeks 1 day ago #1403

• gdill3
  • Thank you received: 32
PghDragonman wrote:
Being an avid bicyclist, I am getting my new V60 with the factory loadbars installed by the dealer. When I inquired with Volvo (on-line) about what carriers will be compatible with the bars (Yakima / Thule) they advised getting the carriers through my dealer and they were branded Volvo but made by Thule. When I asked Thule which models they were making for Volvo (I wanted to compare pricing against non-dealer purchase price) I was told, no they don't make anything for Volvo.

Anyone have any insight on this?

"...they don't make anything for Volvo."

This is correct for your 2015.5 V60 - Thule does not (currently) offer products specifically for that model but does have Thule-specific items for C70 and older models to 240.

Thule does have individual carrier car-top items that are compatible with some Volvo roof load bars.

Comparing prices is a bit tricky as the Thule catalog...

www.thule.com/en-us/us/products/carriers-and-racks/bike-carriers

...shows prices for various options then you must figure out how to mount the Thule system to the V60 roof bars.

Maybe your favorite Volvo dealer will share pics/specs of any Thule hardware they use to mount the bike rack.

George Dill

Volvo Branded Bike Carriers 4 weeks 15 hours ago #1404

If you have factory load bars, and are wanting to carry the bikes up top, it is actually quite simple: Thule has 4 models that are designed to fit aero profile, factory cross bars, round or square bars. The Thule Sidearm will mount the bike if you like to keep both wheels on (not my style), Sprint, Sprint T-Track and Paceline require removing the front wheel. They have a bunch of other models that are designed to match Thule brand rack systems and are for one specific bar profile, but the four I mentioned are a departure for Thule in that they will mount to any style crossbar.

Knowing that, pricing is pretty straight forward. Since that post, I've been doing some more homework in preparation for my purchase. Right now, I am waiting on an annual sale at a co-op outdoor store I am a member of, as that sale price, plus a rebate that can be applied towards the purchase, will net me a price my Volvo dealer can't touch.

My question was more about if Thule did or did not make the racks for Volvo. I've only been a Volvo owner for about seven years now, but I've been riding bikes a lot longer than that. As a result, I know a lot more about bicycles and bicycling than I do about Volvo . . . other than I really like my Volvo :cheer:
Time to create page: 0.358 seconds

We have 119 guests and no members online

You are here: Home Forum General Discussion General Discussions Volvo Branded Bike Carriers