Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: PV ad on website I can't find

PV ad on website I can't find 3 years 4 days ago #167

I'm considering adding a PV to my current collection of one Volvo. Some time ago I came across a website which originally was a Volvo ad describing how back in the late 50s or early 60s an American couple went to Sweden to purchase a PV. The ad describes how a PV is constructed starting with the native Swedish iron ore & how much better it is compared to U.S. cars of the same period. It's really very interesting, detailed & convincing. Has anyone else seen this website? I can't find it. Would really like to see it again. Thanks.

Cal
You must register to gain posting privileges.

Re: PV ad on website I can't find 3 years 2 days ago #169

• tailfin
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 4
Volvo has a great historical site with many old print and video ads. You might want to look there.

www.volvocars.com/
I want to die like my Grandfather did, peacefully in his sleep.
Not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car.

Re: PV ad on website I can't find 3 years 2 days ago #170

• gdill3
  • Thank you received: 33
Peterson8530 wrote:
I'm considering adding a PV to my current collection of one Volvo. Some time ago I came across a website which originally was a Volvo ad describing how back in the late 50s or early 60s an American couple went to Sweden to purchase a PV. The ad describes how a PV is constructed starting with the native Swedish iron ore & how much better it is compared to U.S. cars of the same period. It's really very interesting, detailed & convincing. Has anyone else seen this website? I can't find it. Would really like to see it again. Thanks.

Cal

Was the site in English?

www.google.com/search?q=volvo+pv+commercial+site%3Ayoutube.com&hl=en&num=10&lr=lang_en&ft=i&cr=&safe=images&tbs=

www.volvocars.com/intl/top/community/videos/pages/default.aspx

George Dill

Re: PV ad on website I can't find 3 years 2 days ago #171

English. Wish I could tell you more. It wasn't a video; just a series of pics showing how the car started to be built with raw iron up to final assembly all in Sweden & how Volvo made practically everything, including transmissions, by Volvo-owned Kopek (spelling?).

Cal
Time to create page: 0.262 seconds

We have 302 guests and no members online

You are here: Home Forum General Discussion General Discussions PV ad on website I can't find