Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Driver door locks preventing entry

Driver door locks preventing entry 10 months 2 weeks ago #1065

• JeffForst
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello,
I have a 2012 XC60 with keyless entry and I carry that unit with me rather than leave in car. I've had recent issues where the driver door locks and prevents entry. For example, I open drivers door, realize I need to get into hatch, so I close the door, put luggage in the hatch and then try to get into drivers seat, but door is now locked while all other doors are open. I'm not sure why this is occurring but the only way I was able to correct after multiple tries, was to lock all doors and then open ...again this took a couple of tries. Another time, I started car from drivers seat, exited to chip ice off car. When I was ready to get back into car, the drivers door was locked and all other doors open. WHY is my driver door locking on me ..this is dangerous! Any assistance is appreciated ...Thank you ...Jaf
Last Edit: 10 months 2 weeks ago by JeffForst. Reason: miss spelling
You must register to gain posting privileges.

Driver door locks preventing entry 10 months 2 weeks ago #1066

• gdill3
  • Thank you received: 34
JeffForst wrote:
Hello,
I have a 2012 XC60 with keyless entry and I carry that unit with me rather than leave in car. I've had recent issues where the driver door locks and prevents entry. For example, I open drivers door, realize I need to get into hatch, so I close the door, put luggage in the hatch and then try to get into drivers seat, but door is now locked while all other doors are open. I'm not sure why this is occurring but the only way I was able to correct after multiple tries, was to lock all doors and then open ...again this took a couple of tries. Another time, I started car from drivers seat, exited to chip ice off car. When I was ready to get back into car, the drivers door was locked and all other doors open. WHY is my driver door locking on me ..this is dangerous! Any assistance is appreciated ...Thank you ...Jaf

Welcome to the Forum.

After just reading Pages 50 through 60 of the owner's manual for the 2012 Volvo XC60...

tinyurl.com/ns7ju9x

...and all five pages of this...

www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=111519

...I am even more confused about your driver's door locking situation.

If the car is in a very cold environment when the problem exists does the door respond "normally" in warmer weather?

The car's menu includes many door locking options selectable by the owner. The menu items depend on which entry system your XC60 employs.

One of the UK responders (above) had the same problem and decided to just press the "unlock everything" button on the inside of the driver's door while exiting. Another stated that once all five doors are unlock he leaves the fob in the door pocket and the system "knows" not to lock any door. Be sure you have another fob on hand but more than 60 feet from the car.

If you enjoy risky behavior play around with the menus and let us know if the problem gets solved.

Thanks.

George Dill
You must register to gain posting privileges.
Time to create page: 0.269 seconds

We have 109 guests and no members online

You are here: Home Forum General Discussion General Discussions Driver door locks preventing entry