Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Need Advice

Need Advice 6 months 5 days ago #1094

• raohdy
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello everyone,

I'm new and NOT a Volvo owner, but I'd like to be! So I'd like advice from the people who know, If I'm looking for a used v70 or xc70, is there a preferred year or trim? I'd really like to get the R but I'm not sure if its going to be reliable.

Thank you for your help in advance. And hopefully I'll be showing pics of my new ride soon!

-raohdy
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Need Advice 6 months 4 days ago #1096

• gdill3
  • Thank you received: 30
raohdy wrote:
Hello everyone,

I'm new and NOT a Volvo owner, but I'd like to be! So I'd like advice from the people who know, If I'm looking for a used v70 or xc70, is there a preferred year or trim? I'd really like to get the R but I'm not sure if its going to be reliable.

Thank you for your help in advance. And hopefully I'll be showing pics of my new ride soon!

-raohdy

Welcome to the forum..

Have you considered a Dealer Certified used Volvo?

George Dill

Need Advice 6 months 4 days ago #1097

• raohdy
  • Fresh Boarder
I wasn't really concerned where to get one, but more which car should I be looking for. For example, I have a Subaru Forester and I would advise people to get 2010 model, not a 2011-2013. The reason being is that 2011 has a new engine design although it is the same body style. The only reason I know that was through my owners forum.

I thought this forum would be a great place to start my research, as opposed to, cars.com or places like that.

Thanks again.

Need Advice 6 months 4 days ago #1098

• gdill3
  • Thank you received: 30
raohdy wrote:
I wasn't really concerned where to get one, but more which car should I be looking for. For example, I have a Subaru Forester and I would advise people to get 2010 model, not a 2011-2013. The reason being is that 2011 has a new engine design although it is the same body style. The only reason I know that was through my owners forum.

I thought this forum would be a great place to start my research, as opposed to, cars.com or places like that.

Thanks again.

I like my 2009 Forester just fine - great car!

Scroll on this...

tinyurl.com/lottzwj

...for the V70/XC70 year/model of your choice and enjoy the ride.

Most of the "stickies" have a "...what to look out for..." on every model and year.

On some AWD Volvos certain "ailments" are a given - angle gear, ABS module, trans, etc.

Post more questions and desires so we can go Volvo shopping!

George Dill

Need Advice 5 months 4 weeks ago #1106

• raohdy
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks for this, I'll go through it and make a short list. I'll let you know how it goes!
Time to create page: 0.255 seconds

We have 125 guests and no members online