Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Our new dealer in Washington DC

Our new dealer in Washington DC 3 months 4 days ago #1234

• jworthey
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi! I bought my V70 from Martens Volvo in Washington DC in July of 1997. It is still in good shape, but tends to need about $1000 worth of parts per year. I was in the habit of buying many of the parts from Martens parts department. They gave a good VCOA member discount.

Now (a year ago?) Martens sold out to another dealership called Euro Motor Cars. Under the new ownership, they don't appear on any list as offering the discount.

Has anybody approached them about giving us a member discount?

Just a few days ago I needed a Hazard flasher module. If you have a similar model, you'll know that the one module includes the visible switch and the relays to flash for turns or hazard. So, I bought the part from FCP Euro. It's the OEM part at a slight discount, probably more than Martens would have charged. But the dealer is a long drive for one little part anyway.

I don't feel that I'm the right charming pushy person to sell them on the discount. I do feel that it was a good loyalty program and they're making a mistake to drop it.

Any comments about the whole issue of buying parts?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Our new dealer in Washington DC 3 months 4 days ago #1235

• gdill3
  • Thank you received: 29
jworthey wrote:
Hi! I bought my V70 from Martens Volvo in Washington DC in July of 1997. It is still in good shape, but tends to need about $1000 worth of parts per year. I was in the habit of buying many of the parts from Martens parts department. They gave a good VCOA member discount.

Now (a year ago?) Martens sold out to another dealership called Euro Motor Cars. Under the new ownership, they don't appear on any list as offering the discount.

Has anybody approached them about giving us a member discount?

Just a few days ago I needed a Hazard flasher module. If you have a similar model, you'll know that the one module includes the visible switch and the relays to flash for turns or hazard. So, I bought the part from FCP Euro. It's the OEM part at a slight discount, probably more than Martens would have charged. But the dealer is a long drive for one little part anyway.

I don't feel that I'm the right charming pushy person to sell them on the discount. I do feel that it was a good loyalty program and they're making a mistake to drop it.

Any comments about the whole issue of buying parts?

You are just the person capable of convincing Euro Motor Cars that participation in the VCOA Discount Program will increase foot traffic to their Parts Department with customers walking right by the all-new 2016 V60 AWD T6 Hybrid LPG/Hydrogen.

Here is your contact...

Gil Hofheimer General Manager ghofheimer at euromotorcars dot com (301) 215 5407

Your location is blessed with a goodly number of participating dealers...

www.vcoa.org/club-overview/discounts

OE Volvo Parts are warehoused in just a few locations in North America and Volvo dealers pull from those inventories as do online purveyors with good reputations.

Your '97 V70 is still "new" enough to have most replacements parts in stock or available in short order both at dealers and online.

Inexpensive parts (a fuse?) may not be eligible for a discount and a minimum order dollar-amount may apply.

A few Volvo dealers market OE parts online and compete with FCP Euro, ipd, etc.

BTW, ever heard of the Washington Volvo Club?

George Dill
Last Edit: 3 months 4 days ago by gdill3.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.248 seconds

We have 91 guests and one member online

• dwineguy
You are here: Home Forum General Discussion General Discussions Our new dealer in Washington DC